Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Cheapest & Easiest Way to pay VISA fees?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  trinkasharma 
#1 ·
Kindly advise cheapest and easiest way to pay visa fees.
Otherwise I am thinking to transfer money to my agent through Western union.

Which is the cheapest mode??

#2 ·
I did through my Credit card. The exchange rate after service charge came to about 51. Which is reasonable.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
It is 51.6 now without any charges:mad:. Moreover, HDFC is saying that they will impose 3.5% currency conversion charges on my transaction through credit card. So overall it will be 3.5% + 1.8%(DIBP surcharge) (5.33%) total. Its huge.

#6 ·
Got my forex card from Axis Bank, gave them Correspondence letter of invitation which you can find in skillselect account and Passport photocopy thats all ... got the card with charges of 700 RS... no extra charge...loaded at rate of 52.60

#7 ·
I found buyforexonline.com very cheap, but have a doubt on their authenticity. They are providing forex card with just 460 charges and currency rate is same as xe.com, while other add 0.5 to 1 dollar in online rates. currently they are proving 3700 AUD in 189825 INR.

#8 · (Edited)
in one of the threads i read someone facing issue with reloading forex card they got from buyforexonline.com, so I went with Axis Bank. The card is linked to account and also to Axis mobile app which is super simple and user friendly and you can reload as much as you want with Rs.100+GST per transaction with currency rate fixed for that day

#10 ·
They don't provide for visa application

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I did the same thing as Prateekjain.

But I had to get a second forex card too because before flying I was in my hometown and the forex dealer would not load money in another's card. I kept those two card for few months here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.