Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I plan to take classes from the Open University (UK), however, I need to be living in an European zone of the EU. I would like to know what is the cheapest place to live in this zone. I will be staying at least 2 years,

thanks in advance,

·
Administrator
37,058 Posts
Hello!

I plan to take classes from the Open University (UK), however, I need to be living in an European zone of the EU. I would like to know what is the cheapest place to live in this zone. I will be staying at least 2 years,

thanks in advance,
are you a US citizen?

if so, first you need to work out which visa might be available to you - I'm not 100% sure but I don't think that studying with the OU would get you a student visa

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
According to your previous posts you're looking at Australia???

Hi. My name is Tim, but some folks call me cowboy, on account of how I drag my heels when I walk. I'm American, and my wife is Australian. We've been over to Oz together 3 times and hope to move over in the next year or two.

I have my PR visa (spousal 309) application in at the Aussie Embassy in Washington DC, and have done my medical checks, so now it's just a waiting game. I'm too confused about all the processing timelines to have any idea how long I'll be waiting, but I'm not too fussed about it. It'll come through when it comes through.

We're considering both Perth and Sydney as possible places to live.

Thanks in advance for any information you help me with. The forum posts I've been reading so far have been fascinating. There's a lot more to think about with a move like this than I had considered.

Cheers. Nice to meet you.
Or is it Cyprus???

please can anyone tell me what the internet is like in cyprus.We are all avid xbox gamers so would need a good service to allow us to connect three consoles at the same time.Also would it be in our best interest to bring out a wireless router or can you get them there no probs.What sort of price would we be looking at for a good service provider.Any feed back will be appriciated.

Jo xxx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rural Estonia is pretty cheap. Even urban Estonia can be cheap outside the capital. During the real estate boom in 2006 you could buy a 4 bedroom house in Tartu for 15,000 euros (and that was the asking price).

·
Registered
2 Posts
The least expensive city in Europe is Tirana in Albania, followed by Macedonia’s Skopje, Sarajevo in Bosnia Herzegovina, Minsk in Belarus. Hope this help's in some way!!
Quality of life an issue for you? If it is, you may want to visit some of these places first. I've been to all of the above, and I would not even think of the living in the Tirana, nor Skopje, nor Saravejo.

Minsk, however, I could live there for a long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.