Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hey there,

I will move soon to Italy for couple of months. I was wondering if anybody could advise a cheap courier for sending stuff, couse i cant take many on the plane;)

I was browsing on the net and found this Has anybody used it before? The prices seem to be really low, almost half than other couriers. Please advise!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!
I know from a German living in Italy that she used to send her stuff by parcel with GLS.
Is there a direct bus connection between the town you are currently living in and the place you'll move to in Italy? Then you could ask if you can send your stuff by bus.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Unless you are flying with Ryanair - I would check the details for excess baggage for the airline that you are going to fly with. We recently took a very large trunk on a BA flight to Bologna - just had to take it to the oversize check in area - too big to go down the normal belt. The quote from the courier co 225 euros the cost with BA zero ;-)

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I flew over to live here a couple of years ago, my daughter and I brought six huge cases with us. I shopped around and it worked out that it was cheaper to pay for BA flights and excess baggage. I think it was about 200 pounds extra for the six very large and heavy cases.... the only problem we had was fitting them into the hire car when we landed at Genoa- even though we had booked a people carrier, it turned out to be a BMW estate, and it was a real squeeze (couldn't see a thing out of the rear view mirror!!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts