Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that accountants are on the CSL if they have a score of 7 in the IELTS. What if you are not required to take the IELTS exam? I am an Irish qualified chartered accountant & I received an email saying my application was not on the CSL but was on MODL. Anyone know should I qualify for priority processing based on my qualification & being a native English speaker?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I understand that accountants are on the CSL if they have a score of 7 in the IELTS. What if you are not required to take the IELTS exam? I am an Irish qualified chartered accountant & I received an email saying my application was not on the CSL but was on MODL. Anyone know should I qualify for priority processing based on my qualification & being a native English speaker?
Hi c2828

Pl refer the reply I ve provided.
Best Regards

Chand

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi c2828

I ve given below an extract from DIAC website. Your question has been answered there (Under frequently asked questions).

Q 19 I am an accountant with a score of International English Language Testing System 7.0 in all four components of the test, am I eligible for priority processing?

Accountants who have scored a minimum of 7.0 (Proficient English) in all four components of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test are eligible for priority processing under the CSL.

All accountants, including those who hold a current British, American, Canadian, New Zealand or Republic of Ireland passport must present an IELTS test result of at least 7.0 in each test component if they wish to receive priority processing.

If you have already met the time of application criteria (by holding an eligible passport or you have IELTS 6.0) and now wish to submit an IELTS test to access priority processing, you may submit the results from an IELTS test undertaken after you lodged your application.

You will only be eligible for priority processing under the CSL once you provide evidence of your ‘proficient English’ IELTS results to the department.

So, pl book your IELTS asap.

Best Regards

Chand

1 - 4 of 4 Posts