Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I am about to lodge my application after Feb 8th changes, but I decided to wait and see, I could summarize the changes from my point of view:

1- The points have been affected due to the fact that MODL had been revoked.
2- Priority Processing Changes.

my situation concerning the points is not affected due to

1- My occupation is on CSL (ASCO 2125-11 - Electrical Engineer)
2- IELTS Test results : OA: 8 - R:9 W:7.5 L:7.5 S:8

I was planning (and still) to go for GSM 175, because I want to go to Melbourne - Victoria and do not want to be bound to the condition of the state residency for 2 years.

After Feb 8th, I understand many people tended for SS 176 because of the lower points required which is completely understood.

But there were so many people who was concerned about the priority processing:

1- I discussed with my agent and he said my priority should not be affected on 175 (time frame remains within 12 months)

2- I had an inquiry with another agent by email today and he said the new time frame will be CLEARLY 3 years or even more !!!!!!

3- I reviewed two documents on the DIAC web site,

i- Changes to priority processing DD 23.09.09 http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf
ii- Changes to priority processing DD 08.02.10 http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing.pdf

to my surprise nothing much have changed and 175 (No SS but on CSL) still no. 4

Now I am really confused.

I need your help, I need to get forward with my application.

Regards,

M. Omar

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Omar my suggestion would be apply, dont wait. you never know what comes next. apply for the visa and on the side apply for ss, that way even if there are changes and there is a waiting period for your skill, having ss would certainly help. Even if you do not want to apply for ss, do not wait for further changes. I applied in september 2008 and there are changes every 4 months, u cant keep delaying your application because there are changes every few months. that way you will never make it

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rackspace for your comment.
Thanks Anj. for your ever supporting comments too.

I have done my homework.

I have contacted aspc.processing by means of the blank email and they have stated clearly that the current processing time for 175 with a CSL occupation is still within 12 months (although NO Guarantees for whatever DIAC might do later)

That sounds good for me.

I think it's time to go for it once and for all.

Regards,

M. Omar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts