Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:

I haven't seen this subject posted but it is my current situation.

I'm an American student - came here in January to take a language course at the Sorbonne. My visa expired in July so I went to renew. At that time I had a preinscription for language classes at Sorbonne for this autumn. The man gave me my recipisse and told me to come back with full enrollment on my next appointment ( which is in one week). Since then, however, I've been accepted to an M1 program at Paris Diderot and have been in classes for almost 2 months now. I have my enrollment certificates and everything else but will it be an issue that I changed courses? Has anyone here changed courses on their visas? A tad worried to show up next week! :(

·
Registered
184 Posts
Honestly, I don't think it will be a problem, so long as you show you're enrolled and legitimately taking classes in another university. You'll need to fill out a paper listing the different studies you've undertaken in France, but if anyone asks any questions you'll just need to explain why you switched. The important thing is that you've got the enrollment paperwork and that you're actually attending classes and not just using a student visa as a substitute work visa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! yeah in an effort to calm me down last night lol my boyfriend (who is a french lawyer) looked up all the legal terms of a student carte de sejour and renewing. A lot is pretty vague but basically it does say if you are changing your program you just need to provide justification as to why and how it fits your career plans (if they ask) and a new clause in the law (he said it was amended in July) stated that if you are renewing your visa to obtain a higher degree (M1 or higher) you can apply - basically to say that itshows the seriousness of your studies to obtain a higher degree andyou're not trying to start with some random license 1. Definitely attending courses and have a thesis I've already started so yeah... The ground would shake for me if anything was a problem lol

But I'm bringing my bf along next week just in case! Lol

Ill update after next week for anyone in is same situation because there really is nothing that talks about that online

merci

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.