Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Changing profession in passport

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rsinner 
#1 ·
Dear All,

My husband is working for a private company in Sharjah. As a purpose for attaining family status his profession is already changed. But the change reflected only in labour card and emirates id. He received new contract too. For the purpose of family visa it is required to change the profession in passport too. I wished to know how long it will take to change in passport.

Kindly reply with suggestions

Thanks

#2 ·
we have uk passports no professions written in your passport and if its just for sponsoring reasons wouldnt think its a problem, you need to have a specific salary minimum or job title to sponsor family members etc but you have to prove with degrees and employment contracts etc.

#3 ·
It may be best to enquire at your embassy for the process and time scale for making a change in a passport.. it would help others if you would amend your profile please. your country of origin is useful for others of the same nationality who could help answer your queries since the problems you are having are not experienced by everyone.

#4 ·
Hi,

If you have a UAE visa in your passport does it still get stamped when you come in and out the country? Just wondering as my passport is pretty full and not sure if i'll have enough pages!

Anyone with a UK passport and working visa in it can you advise?

Thanks!

PS. I will be based in AD and have resident card etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.