Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently applied for my 485 application with Telecom Engineer as the skilled occupation.

If and when I manage to achieve 65 points for immigration, can I apply my 175 or 885 based on a different occupation? Like Network Analyst?

What would need to be done in this regard if this is possible?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi guys,

I recently applied for my 485 application with Telecom Engineer as the skilled occupation.

If and when I manage to achieve 65 points for immigration, can I apply my 175 or 885 based on a different occupation? Like Network Analyst?

What would need to be done in this regard if this is possible?

Thanks for your help!
should be fine I think if and only if ACS is convinced with your documents on you newly nominated occupation

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should be fine I think if and only if ACS is convinced with your documents on you newly nominated occupation
Thanks for your reply dreamaus.

Can the department object on it on grounds that I applied for a different occupation on my 485, and now I'm using a different occupation for my 175 or 885?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks for your reply dreamaus.

Can the department object on it on grounds that I applied for a different occupation on my 485, and now I'm using a different occupation for my 175 or 885?
I don't see any reason for that because in IT we do not keep doing the same job for every 2 years. because of promotion, role change within company, merger etc we always end up doing different things which come under different skill code ... so IMHO if you have enough documents/proof to support the skill code you are choosing ACS/DIAC will agree on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.