Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I came to Dubai as a fresh graduate" Major in Business Administration , Minor in Marketing" I had one opportunity and landed a job as a sales executive in the chemical business.

After one year and half , I really don't want to do sales, I want to do something related to my studies in Marketing and I believe the longer I stay in my job the more I am trapped in this segment. Since my experience in Marketing is Zero , I really don't know from where to start, My friends are already searching for me ,but I don't think it's enough.

Should I stick to websites like Bayt,linkedin? is there actual people in recruitment agencies I can talk to?
help/ advice would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Hi,
In reality, your best opportunities should be coming from the contacts in suppliers and customers that you have met in the time you have been here.
I lost count of the opportunities that have been presented to me whilst working here.
It is always the case that it is easier to find a new job when you are currently employed - it makes you less desperate and as you are already working, more employable.
It also gives you a chance to see how the companies that you are coming in contact with work - from the morale and interaction with their existing employees.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts