Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I need your help on another issue. You might see I separated this question in another thread in order to have the information clear and organised for other people that might need them.

So my question is, what kind of flexibility does someone have while employed in the US as an immigrant under a working Visa? For example if i am under an H1B visa am I allowed to change company in the US and how difficult it is?

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Your work visa is attached to an employer - they are your sponsor.

Yes, you could change employers but the new employer would have to go through the same process as the original employer i.e justifying your eligibility for a work visa.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again Crawford.

If you know, how difficult it is for someone to find another job and eventually change job in that mentioned situation?

I guess the only plus might be that he is already in the US and is able to attend in person interviews?

If that is the case does it mean that someone who comes in the US under holiday Visa and search for H1B sponsor while being there is easier to find work and sponsorship rather than someone searching remotely from abroad?

Your thoughts.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
H1B is tied to the specific job it was applied for.

Yes, you can job search and interview while on vacation in the US. Process and timeframe from application to hire depends on a number of factors. Skype or remote conferencing is becoming increasingly popular for preliminary interviews.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts