Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am due to reapply for FLR spouse visa in early July.
I have been offered a new job with a different company due to start Mid – Late July (exact date to be finalised).

Can I apply for the Spouse Visa using all my current employer details, employment letter, payslips etc. Even if the letter they send states that I am due to leave in July, etc?

I think it should be fine, as technically, I am showing the historic evidence of being in work and meeting the income requirements.

Should I also then mention that I am due to switch job, and include the offer letter as evidence?

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
It is always dodgy to change jobs close to your application or while it's being considered. Much safer to delay it until your leave is renewed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, but easier said than done Joppa.

Its looking like the timing of the application and job will be that way!

Unless I defer applying til later. ie. Sept / October.

What do you advise?

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
When does your leave expire? Changing jobs can interfere with 6-month employment history under Cat A unless you can apply under Cat B.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
expires 1st Nov I think. Therefore we can apply 1st august. and therefore 28days earlier - in July!

I wanted to get it over with asap.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
It depends on when you actually arrived in UK on your current visa. Unless you got here on the day the visa became valid, your earliest date of application will be later.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok sure u are right.
It was approved mid Jan 2013. Arrived 1st Feb 2013. Hence the dates quoted above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.