Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I want to clarify some doubts regarding my ACS assessment.
I received a positive assessment as a software engineer 261313 in April. I have now moved to another country and working for a new employer as a Senior Software Engineer. Do i have to get my skills re assessed by ACS? or is it okay to just update my EOI with the new job details? Thanks

·
Registered
25,780 Posts
I received a positive assessment as a software engineer 261313 in April. I have now moved to another country and working for a new employer as a Senior Software Engineer. Do i have to get my skills re assessed by ACS? or is it okay to just update my EOI with the new job details? Thanks
Go through this thread carefully on the ACS assessment

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...02-my-2-bits-google-page-ranking-journey.html

All your questions will be answered

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received a positive assessment as a software engineer 261313 in April. I have now moved to another country and working for a new employer as a Senior Software Engineer. Do i have to get my skills re assessed by ACS? or is it okay to just update my EOI with the new job details and also claim it to be skilled since its in the same profession? Thanks

·
Registered
25,780 Posts
I received a positive assessment as a software engineer 261313 in April. I have now moved to another country and working for a new employer as a Senior Software Engineer. Do i have to get my skills re assessed by ACS? or is it okay to just update my EOI with the new job details and also claim it to be skilled since its in the same profession? Thanks
If you want to claim points even after moving to new job, get reassessed
If you don't want to claim points for further experience , no need to get reassessed

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. May I ask why is the ACS assessment valid for two years then, whats the point when you have to get yourself reassessed upon changing employers. when in reality, a person circumstance is likely to change during this time frame of two years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.