Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I can't believe I would be the only Aussie to come here on a work permit then marry a Brit. But the forms don't seem to allow that. Does anyone know if I can use a Form SET(M), settlement as married partner, even though I haven't had a temporary married partner? I've been on work permits for the last 7 years, rather than a spousal visa.
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
17,984 Posts
Hi
I can't believe I would be the only Aussie to come here on a work permit then marry a Brit. But the forms don't seem to allow that. Does anyone know if I can use a Form SET(M), settlement as married partner, even though I haven't had a temporary married partner? I've been on work permits for the last 7 years, rather than a spousal visa.
Thanks in advance.

What visa are you on now? If you are still on a work visa, Tier 1 or 2 then you use SET(O). You were eligible for ILR after 5 years if you've been here on any of those.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
I'm on a Limited Leave to Remain residence permit, associated with my work permit (issued in July 08, before Tier 1 and II existed). It expires in July 13. I was trying to avoid using form SET(o) because I would have to involve my workplace again(they applied for my work permit in 2008) and thought it would be easier to use form SET(m).

·
Super Moderator
17,984 Posts
Hi
I'm on a Limited Leave to Remain residence permit, associated with my work permit (issued in July 08, before Tier 1 and II existed). It expires in July 13. I was trying to avoid using form SET(o) because I would have to involve my workplace again(they applied for my work permit in 2008) and thought it would be easier to use form SET(m).
SET(M) is only for those transitioning from a spouse visa. The only way you can use it is if you are on a spouse visa which you are not. If you change now to a spouse visa you wouldn't be eligible for ILR for another 5 years.

I don't understand why you think this would be an issue with your employer. As I said you were eligible 2 years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.