Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding accommodation, I understand you can initially move in with a parent/relative temporarily to satisfy that part of the visa application process - and this involves evidence of property deeds, property inspection report and letter of agreement letting you stay. My question is, when you then find your own place (after a month or so), do you need to go through the process again of providing a tenancy agreement, property inspection report and letter from owner/landlord agreeing to letting you live there immediately, or can this wait until the 2 and half year initial period has ended and you apply for the extension?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
If as you state the Initial application involves living with parents, you need to provide the information noted. Once that Visa is issued,a subsequent move into Tenanted accommodation will
become relevant for the next Visa application although you should notify HO of the change of address when it has occured.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Living Together & Accommodation

I'm guessing using accommodation with a relative as a means to meet the accommodation requirement is probably unacceptable if the sponsor gets a job in the UK (before coming back to the UK) which is not within reasonable commuting distance of the accommodation? Or would it be possible for the applicant to temporarily reside in the relative's home while the sponsor finds alternative accommodation nearer the job? Even if temporary, would this be breaking the idea of permanently living together?

·
Registered
39,126 Posts
Living with relatives is fine whether you have a job or not. Even long-distance or weekly commute is acceptable. You just need paperwork to show you have the required consent and the place is suitable and won't be overcrowded - inspection report is recommended.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Living with relatives is fine whether you have a job or not. Even long-distance or weekly commute is acceptable. You just need paperwork to show you have the required consent and the place is suitable and won't be overcrowded - inspection report is recommended.
Hi joppa,

Do you mind if I ask what documents are needed for this?

Council tax bill?
Phone bill?
Mortgage company letter stating the house is owned by my parents?
Letter from parents stating they are happy for us to stay?

We are applying for FLR and I can't remember when we went for my Sousa visa

Thanks

·
Registered
39,126 Posts
No phone bill, plus inspection report if your parents live there as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.