Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Changes to renewing passports

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  csainz 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
As from June this year ALL passport renewals in Italy have been stopped. The system is now centralised and takes place in Paris.

I found this out in September after first being told by my local post office in Umbria that I could go to the offices in Florence to get the renewal. WRONG !

I then asked the local commune office, they said - Go to Perugia. Also WRONG !

As we know, information is sometimes slow to get around, even at the official offices.

However the good news is - once I found the new and correct procedure, it was quick and efficient.

You can download the forms from the net, send them to Paris registered post, I had my passport back in a week (it comes by courier which you have to pay €20.00 for) I added my travel date on the form, which they obviously took notice of.

I hope of help

Ananda

See less See more
#4 ·
US passports have to be renewed through the consulate - but the applications are then sent on (by courier pouch) to some place in New Hampshire where they make the actual passports. Most consulates I've checked will only do passport renewals by mail these days - and unless you run into a peak period, you should have the new passport back in 10 days to 2 weeks.
Cheers,
Bev

#10 ·
Hello Ananda!
You are so right. I am truly a believer of bringing into reality that which we can feel and see. Your Tonino sounds like a wonderful man! Bravo! I am going to check out his lamps now. Here is wishing you and Tonino a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!
Charlotte:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.