Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was scoping out the Chicago consulate to look at the requirements again for the Spouse Visa when I move to France, and I noticed 2 requirements had been removed today!
Here is what is currently listed for requirements:

-Original passport or travel document (+ ONE COPY of the identity pages) valid for at least three months after your return to the US. Make sure your passport has blank pages left to affix the visa.

-One application form filled out completely and signed by the applicant (please read carefully the explanation).

-One ID picture glued/stapled onto the application form

-Proof of marriage : family book "Livret de famille" (+ ONE COPY)

-Proof of Spouse’s nationality : spouse’s original « carte nationale d’identité » or consular registration card (« carte consulaire ») or « certificat de nationalité française » or the « ampliation du décret de naturalisation ou réintégration » of your French spouse (+ ONE COPY)

-One residence form duly filled out (upper part only)

-A self-addressed prepaid EXPRESS MAIL envelope from the US POST OFFICE ONLY - NO FEDEX / UPS / AIRBORNE EXPRESS accepted.

The requirements that have been removed from the Chicago consulate website are:
-Relevant documents concerning the residency of the French spouse or his/her intention to reside in France.
-Original flight itinerary

Both requirements that I had questions about yesterday, ha. However, most consulates that I have looked at have not done this like the Chicago consulate. Interesting news or some intern screwing up on the computer?

Cory

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.