Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have got my IELTS and Assessment done and can apply for the visa 175 anytime.
However, due to personal circumstances, i wont be able to apply it before August 2012.

I need to know
- what will be the differences after 1st July 2012, when the rules are set to change?
- Will the initial assessment completed in February 2012 and the IELTS completed in APriil 2012 that i did be still considered valid for the points?
- What extra would i need to do after July this year?

thanks
sandeepraj

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
SkillSelect will be implemented from 1st July'2012...

Skillselect

Your skill assessment and IELTS will be valid and you can apply on that...
the fees might increase (just rumors though so will get to know in a few weeks)...

Hi Guys,
I have got my IELTS and Assessment done and can apply for the visa 175 anytime.
However, due to personal circumstances, i wont be able to apply it before August 2012.

I need to know
- what will be the differences after 1st July 2012, when the rules are set to change?
- Will the initial assessment completed in February 2012 and the IELTS completed in APriil 2012 that i did be still considered valid for the points?
- What extra would i need to do after July this year?

thanks
sandeepraj

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SkillSelect will be implemented from 1st July'2012...

Skillselect

Your skill assessment and IELTS will be valid and you can apply on that...
the fees might increase (just rumors though so will get to know in a few weeks)...
Just an Extra Expression Of Interest?
But how are they gonna decide if i am needed there?

or in the words..how do i know if they want me?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The EOI will be designed in such a manner that DIAC alongwith industry experts will decide as to who's to be let in and who's left out....
basically your skills,educational qualification should impress them and you should be able to find jobs quickly over there..but they are gonna decide abt this which is a bit scary considering that a few deserving ones might be left out even if they have 65 points...

or in the words..how do i know if they want me?
Answer). You are entirely at the mercy of DIAC...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The EOI will be designed in such a manner that DIAC alongwith industry experts will decide as to who's to be let in and who's left out....
basically your skills,educational qualification should impress them and you should be able to find jobs quickly over there..but they are gonna decide abt this which is a bit scary considering that a few deserving ones might be left out even if they have 65 points...
So my assessment, 65 points, IELTS all go waste if they think i am not needed there based on EOI...:(...

How much will be the cost of EOI.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Interestingly!!

EOI will be fully free ,if you do get invitation then whole fee process will start

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Its not really gonna go down the drain...thats not what i meant...relax..:)... Its just that the way they have designed it will make it a bit more tougher bcoz they are gonna check your occuption availability in the current labour market...

Whatz your occupation ?
I am sure its in the SOL list....

So my assessment, 65 points, IELTS all go waste if they think i am not needed there based on EOI...:(...

How much will be the cost of EOI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I have a PR 175 and I did a first landing in March 2012. I have till 2016 to finally make the move. However, I heard someone say that it's necessary to move within 2 years of first landing. Is this a fact.

Appreciate your feedback

Regards
Marko

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not really gonna go down the drain...thats not what i meant...relax..:)... Its just that the way they have designed it will make it a bit more tougher bcoz they are gonna check your occuption availability in the current labour market...

Whatz your occupation ?
I am sure its in the SOL list....
Yes, its software engineer, I got my assessment cleared, but cant apply now due to some unavoidable reasons. hence, i need to apply after july.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Hi
I have a PR 175 and I did a first landing in March 2012. I have till 2016 to finally make the move. However, I heard someone say that it's necessary to move within 2 years of first landing. Is this a fact.

Appreciate your feedback

Regards
Marko
No. However, once the initial visa expires, you will need to apply for a resident return visa in order to return to Australia should you decide to leave (on holiday, for example). Generally speaking, you need to have spent 2 of the 5 years prior to applying for the RRV in Australia to be issued a new 5-year visa.

You may find this link helpful: Five Year Resident Return Visa (Subclass 155)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
this skillset is definitely gonna remain in the SOL...
My understanding the SkillSelect program is this (I may be wrong but I am pretty sure its gonna work out in this fashion) :
Suppose you are a DBA and have 65 points.
I am also a DBA but I have 75 points(reasons: higher IELTS score, claiming spouse points,more work experience)
Bot of us have similar work experience and when DIAC sees our SkillSelect applications both of us qualify. but if a priority is to given then DIAC will invite me and ask me to apply for the visa..

As state earlier , I might be completely off the mark on this one...
the official site talks of "...Your result and points score, along with your time of submission becomes your ranking for some visas..."

so if there's "ranking" then definitely a guy with 75 points will be placed above someone with 65 points....
:)

Yes, its software engineer, I got my assessment cleared, but cant apply now due to some unavoidable reasons. hence, i need to apply after july.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.