Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anybody advise whether there is a way to change the proposed date of travel for an application made in USA for a spouse visa?

Or would it make more sense to cancel the application (we've not done the biometrics yet), get a refund, and reapply with the changed date?

·
Super Moderator
18,058 Posts
I have started a new thread for you. Rather than post on thread which has nothing to do with your question please start a new thread. To start a new thread click on the post a new thread tab which is on the top left on the UK homepage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My apologies!

The date change is in relation to the BRP and 30 day window, as this has changed our timeline due to other circumstances, but asking whether anybody has had experience of reapplying for another 30 days (as loosely detailed in the leaflet) isn't really an option at this point as the process isn't even in effect properly until the 31st for the USA.

Which leads back to my question as to whether it would be easier to cancel, get a refund and reapply and change the proposed travel date that way?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so it won't matter if the biometrics and and complete application are sent off after May 31st?

Currently my wife's biometrics appointment is booked in for the 12th June, with the application likely to be sent off the following day. I would just like to avoid the possibility of having to reapply for another 30 day entry stamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.