Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I was wondering till what point can we add our partner to the same application ?

I mean what is the last limit ?

I would give you my situation...

I have been into a relation from last 9 years... We DONOT have joint account, we DONOT live together.

I do have couple of (Air & bus ) ticket for travel and photographs.... around 100 photo graphs... I do have phone bills for last 3 year...

Will it possible for me to add her as a defacto partner ? if not then if i am getting married late this year and if i had already filled for 176... then till what stage can i add her as a dependent(with required IELTS band).

Also do i need to get her name applied to VIC SS as well ( i would be primary applicant, she would be dependent) ? If suppose i applied for VIC SS and right now we are not married ... down the line we get married So what would be the case with respect to VIC SS ? Will the VIC SS for me will be automatically valid for her ?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you can add her till the time you do not get a grant but informing the CO is always better, yes you hav to inform the sponsoring state, yes they just add the person int eh application, what i suggest is to get married in the court, that way you have proof that the person is your spouse by law.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can add her till the time you do not get a grant but informing the CO is always better, yes you hav to inform the sponsoring state, yes they just add the person int eh application, what i suggest is to get married in the court, that way you have proof that the person is your spouse by law.

Thanks Anj...

I have doubt... If i apply for VIC SS and later on can i inform VIC that i got married and i my spouse would be a dependent in my DIAC application..

Will this work out ?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Anj...

I have doubt... If i apply for VIC SS and later on can i inform VIC that i got married and my spouse would be a dependent in my DIAC application..

Will this work out ?

OR

What if i get my PR and then after 6 months i get married and apply for a Spouse/Patner Visa then what would be :-
1. Visa Fee for Patner/Spouse Visa
2. How much time will it take ?
3. Would she have the same PR kind of advantages like me ? I mean can she work?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You can add her later on also but its gonna be a big hassle...
anj's suggestion is worth keep in mind...
get married in a court and put up your file..later on you can get married in the traditional "Big,Fat" Indian wedding way :)...

OR

What if i get my PR and then after 6 months i get married and apply for a Spouse/Patner Visa then what would be :-
1. Visa Fee for Patner/Spouse Visa
2. How much time will it take ?
3. Would she have the same PR kind of advantages like me ? I mean can she work?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can add her later on also but its gonna be a big hassle...
anj's suggestion is worth keep in mind...
get married in a court and put up your file..later on you can get married in the traditional "Big,Fat" Indian wedding way :)...

Thanks anj and lifeisgood.

I am afraid i can not go for Court Marriage option..... Please suggest alternative options and if possible please reply to the above queries..

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anj, Lifeisgood and Senior Expats...

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.