Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Granted visa but still outside Australia, and got new passport. How/who do we contact or send the change of passport form to update our information? Is it the case officer or somewhere else? Can anyone with experience answer this clearly and precisely?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Look at your grant letter. You should find below details:

Changes of Passport Details
It is important to notify us of changes to your passport details if you are travelling. This includes details of any new passport you obtain to replace a passport that has expired or been lost/stolen/destroyed, and any additional passport of another nationality you hold. The details of any new passport that you provide will be linked to your record on the department’s systems to facilitate your travel. You are required to do this in writing and notify the nearest office of the department. You can use Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details to notify us of a change which is available at www.immi.gov.au/myvisa/form929 or at any of our offices

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look at your grant letter. You should find below details:

Changes of Passport Details
It is important to notify us of changes to your passport details if you are travelling. This includes details of any new passport you obtain to replace a passport that has expired or been lost/stolen/destroyed, and any additional passport of another nationality you hold. The details of any new passport that you provide will be linked to your record on the department’s systems to facilitate your travel. You are required to do this in writing and notify the nearest office of the department. You can use Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details to notify us of a change which is available at www.immi.gov.au/myvisa/form929 or at any of our offices
Thank you for reply. Yes I saw about the info about the forms and how to update. I contacted the case officer and it has been 4-5 days he has not responded. So I started to wonder if I needed to send the new passport info, forms etc by mail to the office they listed. That was my dilemma. Everything was just attaching the scanned copy, I would think they would do it by email. Anyway, we will see.

Reactions: evangelist

·
Registered
492 Posts
My CO never replied back to my 929 form for change in passport detail. I carried both my passports to Airport but the new one was already linked to the visa. I never received the confirmation of this update as well.

Thank you for reply. Yes I saw about the info about the forms and how to update. I contacted the case officer and it has been 4-5 days he has not responded. So I started to wonder if I needed to send the new passport info, forms etc by mail to the office they listed. That was my dilemma. Everything was just attaching the scanned copy, I would think they would do it by email. Anyway, we will see.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had been facing the same issue, sent 4 reminder emails to my case officer but she never replied. Out of frustration I called DIBP yesterday and explained the whole situation to the operator, the kind lady told me that is not the responsibility of your case officer to update your file with new passport number.

So, in order to get our file updated in the DIBP record with new passport number we'll have to either send hard copy of form 929 along-with new passport copy to SYDNEY office DIBP or simply fax the same documents to SYDNEY office DIBP.
Both, the address and fax number, is mentioned on the form 929.

She also told me that even after that I won't get any acknowledgment/confirmation of change f details and I'll have to check the VEVO online to make sure that file has been updated.

I'll fax the documents to Sydney Office tomorrow.

regards,
Roposh

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had been facing the same issue, sent 4 reminder emails to my case officer but she never replied. Out of frustration I called DIBP yesterday and explained the whole situation to the operator, the kind lady told me that is not the responsibility of your case officer to update your file with new passport number.

So, in order to get our file updated in the DIBP record with new passport number we'll have to either send hard copy of form 929 along-with new passport copy to SYDNEY office DIBP or simply fax the same documents to SYDNEY office DIBP.
Both, the address and fax number, is mentioned on the form 929.

She also told me that even after that I won't get any acknowledgment/confirmation of change f details and I'll have to check the VEVO online to make sure that file has been updated.

I'll fax the documents to Sydney Office tomorrow.

regards,
Roposh
Thank you guys for your information. It seems odd, to send fax copies or hard copies when everything else before this was done online. Anyway, if they want it that way. I will send in my forms and the new passport details by fax.

Thank you again and just update the information if you get any responses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

I have got my new passport after being granted to 190 visa. I have sent color scanned copy of my new passport 2 weeks ago. But till now no response. I have checked in VEVO but no changes yet. Did you find your new passport's information in VEVO?

I will be grateful if you please help me about this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Arefin

·
Registered
8 Posts
VEVO Info

Hello,

I have got my new passport after being granted to 190 visa. I have sent color scanned copy of my new passport 2 weeks ago. But till now no response. I have checked in VEVO but no changes yet. Did you find your new passport's information in VEVO?

Thanks in advance,
Arefin

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello,

Thanks in advance,
Arefin

Hello,

Send the scanned copy of the new document and email the CO and it should be fine. Thats what happened in my case within 3 days.

Peter

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks espresso for reply. I think i will send email to this address. But, still confused as in my grant email, it says do not reply to this email address. :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All, because of where we are and we travel extensively we have to update frequently as some visas of the countries we go to take a full page.

You fill in form 929
Attach scanned copy of old passport in color
Attach scanned copy of new passport in color
submit application to the adelaide team

You should get an automated message seven days or so later you will get a reply. I then go and check Vevo print that to check it has been updated. Sometimes depending on applications it does take time.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi all

I just recently got the passport details changed... sent an email to my case office and another person from the same team replied in 48 hrs. .. sent the form 929 and new coloue scan of my pp and my wife's new pp... All got it done in 3 days very fast

Crossed chkd on vevo the new passport details r updated

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am in similar situation. I have renewed my passport while I am still outside Australia. I have updated my case but there is no reply from her and it has been 3 weeks now. When I check the details on Vevo, I still see visa linked with the old passport. I have tried to fax the form 929 along with scan copy of my passports but the line is always coming as busy. Not sure what to do, kind of stuck here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
After sending an email to them, i got reply on monday and informed that new details have been updated on system. But, when i checked VEVO, still old passport is linked. Anyone got same problem?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts