Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our landlord has just sold the flat we are renting. I was wondering what the law states about the new landlord and what he has to do. I see from DEWA website that the DEWA office should be notified of the new landlord so it can be registered in his name.
Does the old/new landlord have to give official written notice to the tenant of this change? In what form?
Are there any other requirements like rewriting the tenancy contract in the new landlord's name?
Would love to hear also on anyone else who has gone through this midway through their tenancy contract.

We are pretty sure the new landlord has not done his homework and the sales agent/old landlord were not completely clean about the current state of things....
But before going down to RERA, wanted to do some homework.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Basically the new LL has to honour your original agreement, under the same terms. Not sure about who needs notifying though.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically the new LL has to honour your original agreement, under the same terms. Not sure about who needs notifying though.
This much I know. But what is supposed to happen during the handover? Surely there must be an official way to communicate to the tenant (and or the authorities and different entities involved) that the landlord has sold?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts