Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in process of lodging the visa application for 189. I have a situation as below. Would like to hear from experts how to proceed.

1. I am planning to switch job and my new joining date is Aug 24 in a country other than my home country - India. Is it advisable to lodge the application after joining new company or I can do it while I am employed in the current company.

2. Assume i have lodged it now and while the application is processed, can i switch job. In this case, do i need to submit form to indicate the change in employment.

3. If i do it after joining new company, then I need to return back to India for PCC and medicals. So it would be a costly affair. so is there any chance of doing medicals and pcc before lodging the application and before paying the fees. Will i be able to generate the hap id in this case. ?

Kindly advise.

·
Registered
965 Posts
You can still lodge from anywhere in the world as it is online.
If you change your jobs , ie any changes after EOI needs to be informed to CO.
Medicals can be done in the country you will be working
You can get PCC by contacting local Indian embassy there
I would say don't rush for PCC or medicals as the first entry date would be from the date of issue

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can still lodge from anywhere in the world as it is online.
If you change your jobs , ie any changes after EOI needs to be informed to CO.
Medicals can be done in the country you will be working
You can get PCC by contacting local Indian embassy there
I would say don't rush for PCC or medicals as the first entry date would be from the date of issue
Thanks AM. Now i am clarified.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts