Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Thanks for your help so far people, it's been much appreciated.

I have one more question which concerns me, my appointment is fast approaching.

We are applying under B category as my husband changed his job in March-April.

Well, what happened is that he lost his previous job where he's been working for 1.5 years (we still don't know why). He believe he was mistreated but we don't know the exact reason why he was asked to leave on 17th March. He was paid in lieu until 17th April but he was not asked to work his month notice but to leave.
He wanted to start the next job asap mainly because my visa is expiring this summer so he got an offer very soon and said he is immediately available and his first working day with the new employer was 10th April, which is mentioned in that letter he got for visa purpose.
But, when we asked his previous employer to provide a letter they sent it and there it says that he was working up until 17th April, probably because he was paid for that month notice. So, will this be a problem and how do we explain those dates because we need to provide them in the application: end date with previous employer: 17th April, start day with current employer: 10th April.

Joppa, if you could advise please on this as I am slightly concerned, but I think everyone can lose a job. His earnings are fine and we can provide everything as requested but these dates concern me. Do we need to explain this and how?

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
OK, I am back at desk.
You don't have much to worry about. Just attach an explanatory note stating that your husband finished work with previous employer on 17th March but was paid in-lieu till 17th April.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for your quick reply and sorry for bothering you!

Do you think we need to provide them with the letter of termination as well or this wouldn't be necessary?

If they need further details and to confirm this is true they can always contact his previous employer, we are providing their email and tel number.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, just a note will do. It's a common occurrence in employment. You are lucky as previous employer was willing to supply the letter. Some people have had no end of trouble getting it off unsympathetic ex-boss.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I agree, although the letter is not as 'official' as we thought it would be. He emailed them 4 bullet points asking them to compose a letter and answer those and said it is for the Home Office. The HR administrator did it and said Dear xxx, further to your recent email please find the below:

1. Question (quoted from the email)
*Their answer*

and so on...but they stated dates of employment, type, salary etc. and its on the headed paper and stamped and signed so I think it should be ok.

I was sick worried when I read that it's not legal to work another job while on someone else's payroll (which he did, 1 week overlap), but this is mainly for gardening leave. His was termination with immediate effect paid in lieu. Hopefully that wont be a big problem, as he's been constantly employed for years before and never had any issues. Bad and unfair things happen sometimes, I just don't want that my visa is affected :(

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It will only be an issue if your contract of employment says you can't work for a rival, either at the same time or within a specified interval of time. This is to stop your stealing your former clients and business contacts.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are not providing the previous contract only from the current employer as we were told that the letter should be sufficient. We don't have the 'original' one only 'docu sign' and there is no time to send them now for a stamp or anything similar.
Do you think there will be any issues because of this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I've just read the contract and there is no such an obligation when paid in lieu. It is different with redundancies and laying off but not for in lieu notice - only reasons when they can do that but we my husband doesn't fit anywhere so going through this contract now make me think again why he lost his job. In the end, he didn't have any rights because was there less than 2 years. I don't want to believe that this fact would have any affect on my visa. And, if anything is unclear ECO can always contact them, we provided all the details.
One last question, should we provide the Docu Sign contract or the letter we received and a note explaining dates will suffice?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joppa, please if you could give me final advice, I am freaking out. We wanted to reschedule our appointment so we can obtain the correct letter from previous employer but there are no available dates before 1st of Aug. Therefore we will stick to the original date which is tomorrow.

The thing is, in the termination letter it says his last date of employment is 17 March with payment in lieu until 17th April. Not sure why HR said in that letter that last date of employment was 17th April as it is not in accordance with the termination letter.

In the end, my husband thinks that apart from the note explanation, we should provide the termination letter as the only proof that he was really working there until 17th March, even though there are disadvantages because it says it is strictly private and confidential (but guess can be shared with the government), and it states that he failed to meet the performance hence the contract was terminated.

On one side we are afraid if we don't submit it - it will be their word against ours regarding dates and no proof from our side, and if submit - there are negative things I mentioned above.

So to finalise and make it simple:

1. Do we need to submit the termination letter?
2. Which date we should put in the application for 'when the previous employment was finished' - 17th March or 17th April as per the employer letter?
3. Do we need to submit the contract which is docu signed and not stamped by the previous employer?

Sorry I know it's complicated and maybe we are exaggerating but I just want to be on a safe side.

Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry to be so annoying but could you put my mind at ease and help me with the above?
I am concerned that whatever I do it can cause issues and want to do a right thing.

Thank you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.