Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening,

My wife recently had to change her US passport as it was completely full. In the process they forced her to change it to her legal Married name and not keep it in her old maiden name (this was printed on a back page as AKA) as it was in her old passport.

This has lead us to look at updating her BRP name. I believe we have 3 months to do this, we have a holiday booked in July and will do it after then so that will only be one month since passport renewal. We've looked at the TOC form V04/2017 and see the price attached of £168 which I guess is just another fee we have to swallow (when will it end). I presume this is the correct form?

Has anyone on here done this via post?

A couple of other questions; page 2 makes mention of using a Post Office service, whilst I will be posting it, is there a particular service within the post office for this?

I see we need to send the latest passport, do we need to send the BRP with her maiden name on? Same question for the now replaced, redundant passport which has her maiden name?

Finally, its says, more documentation is required to show the new name and address, much like we did for the FLR(M) application. Any advice on this?

Many thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Yes, TOC and £168 by post. You can pay £590 more (ouch!) for same-day processing at premium service centre.
#2 You need to give biometrics at Post Office for £19.40. They will write to you requesting this after submitting your application.
#3 Yes, you need to enclose your existing BRP and both passports.
#4 Your marriage certificate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa,

I presume you need some evidence of address too as described?

Being the summer we have a few vacations planned abroad. Our biggest gap in the UK without travel is 5 weeks which is when we planned on applying for the new BRP.

With regards the Post Office having to write to you etc. Any idea how long the process normally takes?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, something like bank statement, utility bill, council tax statement etc.
Currently it's taking about 2-3 months to get new BRP. So same-day processing is the best way.
It's Home Office writing to you to get biometrics done. The letter has a barcode which post office scans to send your biometrics electronically. Usually about 3-4 weeks to get the letter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, having thought about it and done a bit of research online. We've read some horror stories of people not being given a new BRP for nearly 6 months and a case officer is unable to update.

Even with the extra cost involved which we think is unreasonable for what it is we have no choice but to go for the premium service once again.

A few little questions to clarify, I'm right in thinking that the TOC is the correct form and application route online for change of name on passport to BRP, not the BRP(RC) application?

Secondly, when we apply online and put in all the personal details during the premium booking process, should the application name be in the maiden name as it shows on the BRP or the married name as it appears on the new passport which we want to be in the new BRP?

Many thanks again.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
BRP(RC) is for those under EEA rules. TOC is correct.
In you married name as shown on your new passport.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.