Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola--we have moved from Boadilla del Monte to Madrid Centro and are in the process of renewing our residency card. The instructions for Expedicion de Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero fingerprinting says we need to bring a certificate of current registration if we have moved. How do we get that? We have no formal lease and our landlord is in Budapest until end of November. We have a medical insurance invoice, bills from Orange and Vodafone addressed to us at our new address (been here for awhile). Also have banking records with this address. What do we need to do? We have an appointment for fingerprinting on 29/11. Thanks, Pat

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I think you should be able to register on the padron at your new address with the bills you have.

Try that, and take the certificate of empadronamiento with you.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Maybe you'll be lucky and the city hall will let you sign onto the padron with the bills you mentioned. But I suspect they won't - they'll want to see a lease, or at the least some sort of agreement signed by you and your landlord. They're doing this as a way of cracking down on illegal rentals that are paid under the table and not declared as income by the landlord.

Your first stop should be your city hall, to try and sign onto the padron with what you have. If they won't let you then I'd get in touch with your landlord and see if you can get something in writing.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Maybe you'll be lucky and the city hall will let you sign onto the padron with the bills you mentioned. But I suspect they won't - they'll want to see a lease, or at the least some sort of agreement signed by you and your landlord. They're doing this as a way of cracking down on illegal rentals that are paid under the table and not declared as income by the landlord.

Your first stop should be your city hall, to try and sign onto the padron with what you have. If they won't let you then I'd get in touch with your landlord and see if you can get something in writing.
I agree, I think it's doubtful that the OP will be allowed to sign on the padrón without at least written authorisation from the landlord. Having moved house within the same town, we recently changed our details on the padrón and I even had to complete and sign a form authorising my husband to register at the new address, as the property is in my name only. The funcionario who dealt with us thought it was a great joke.:)

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I agree, I think it's doubtful that the OP will be allowed to sign on the padrón without at least written authorisation from the landlord. Having moved house within the same town, we recently changed our details on the padrón and I even had to complete and sign a form authorising my husband to register at the new address, as the property is in my name only. The funcionario who dealt with us thought it was a great joke.:)
Wow, it is a while since I had problems getting "empadronado", but I'm sure that in the past I did it with a phone bill only.

I guess times have changed, sorry to the OP for perhaps giving false hope...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts