Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hope that someone can advise me on the following issue since I don't find any reliable information anywhere:

As a foreigner I had to apply for a Traffic Register Number (TRN) a while back in order to register the car I bought.
Because I moved now, the physical and postal address as printed on my TRN certificate are not correct anymore. I moved within the same municipality though.

My question is now whether I need to only change the addresses using the form "Notification of Change of Address or Particulars of Person or Organisation" (NCP form), which I can do at the post office and leave my TRN certificate unaltered?
Or must I actually go to the traffic department to change the addresses on my TRN certificate (I found a form called "Application and Notice in Respect of TRN")?

And in a similar regard: Must I go to the Traffic Department if I use a different passport now with a new visa than the one I applied for the TRN with some time ago?

Thanks and best regards,
AER

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello,
if you will go to the traffic department main counter they will issue you new TRN with new address.they will charge you some fees of 200-300 rand depends on the province and new TRN will be printed and given to you same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts