Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am hoping to get some advice or clarification on the following please?

I am applying for the Skilled Independent visa (Sub 189) points tested with my partner and newborn son. Our son was not born when we submitted our EOI or at the time of invitation. I have not completed our visa application through ImmiAccount but I have started it and I have included our son in this application.

My question is do I need to update DIBP with this change in circumstances (with 1022 form or online through ImmiAccount) when he is already included in the application though ImmiAccount?

I know similar questions have been asked but all the ones I have found the change had happened after a visa application had been submitted through ImmiAccount not between EOI invite and visa application through ImmiAccount.

Much obliged, Dave.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not an expert at the topic, but doesn't look like you need to submit Change of Circumstances form.

EOI is just a way to get in Invitation queue, where you self claim how many points you can prove during actual Visa application assessment. After you get the visa invitation, you are asked to submit documentation proving your self claimed points. Since having a baby or not does not make any difference at all on your points...mentioning or not mentioning the baby in EOI is irrelevant.

So in short, you should be good to go!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi, I am hoping to get some advice or clarification on the following please?

I am applying for the Skilled Independent visa (Sub 189) points tested with my partner and newborn son. Our son was not born when we submitted our EOI or at the time of invitation. I have not completed our visa application through ImmiAccount but I have started it and I have included our son in this application.

My question is do I need to update DIBP with this change in circumstances (with 1022 form or online through ImmiAccount) when he is already included in the application though ImmiAccount?

I know similar questions have been asked but all the ones I have found the change had happened after a visa application had been submitted through ImmiAccount not between EOI invite and visa application through ImmiAccount.

Much obliged, Dave.

Since it wont lead to a change in your EOI points claim, and since you haven't applied for VISA yet, you can add your newborn in your application. No need of Form 1022.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks munishghai74 and parth1310 for your replies, one less form to fill out!

I have also renewed my passport after our EOI submission but before our actual visa application through the immiaccount I assume the same would apply here?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
518 Posts
yes, same applies mate, as long as you use the current valid passport for visa application you'll be sweet.
Thanks munishghai74 and parth1310 for your replies, one less form to fill out!

I have also renewed my passport after our EOI submission but before our actual visa application through the immiaccount I assume the same would apply here?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
One quick question,
I have relocated from sydney to melbourne.....when i update my address on immiaccount, will it affect (delay) the processing time for citizenship grant?

if though, i can keep my old address and and I can also get a recent letter posted to my old address because my old address belongs to my friend. once the test date is confirmed, i can book airticket to sydnet to undertake the test. What do you think guys?!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Lovely people,

I married in January 2018 but I filled my 485 Visa application on December 2018. I forgot to mention that I am married. How can I inform DIBP or DHA about my status change? I found 1022 form but there isn't mention of the postal address.

Please help.

·
Registered
23,911 Posts
Hello Lovely people,

I married in January 2018 but I filled my 485 Visa application on December 2018. I forgot to mention that I am married. How can I inform DIBP or DHA about my status change? I found 1022 form but there isn't mention of the postal address.

Please help.
The 1022 form was applicable if you would have married after submitting the application
Now you have to file form 1023, which is for a wrong answer

It’s not a minor issue as you are making it out to be
It’s a very big mistake as far as I can see
Consult a good Mara agent on how to best handle the situation

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts