Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am currently in Australia with 457 visa and my visa got 3 more years of validity.Since 457 visa will be abolished shortly, will I be able to change my employer(company)? Will any one take candidates with 457 visa anymore?

In another words, I will apply for PR next year.. how can someone can switch Job with 457 visa? are companies in Australia started sponsoring for TSS visa?

·
Registered
23,911 Posts
Hi All,

I am currently in Australia with 457 visa and my visa got 3 more years of validity.Since 457 visa will be abolished shortly, will I be able to change my employer(company)? Will any one take candidates with 457 visa anymore?

In another words, I will apply for PR next year.. how can someone can switch Job with 457 visa? are companies in Australia started sponsoring for TSS visa?
457 visas already issued will be valid as per the validity they were issued for

So your 457 visa will not be cancelled after April 2018. It will run its full original validity

Till April 2018, it's business as usual and employers are sponsoring applicants under 457.
The question of sponsoring under TSS does not arise till April 2018

From April 2018, they will start sponsoring them under TSS
There is nothing radically different between 457 and TSS from the information available till now.
It's just a name change as far as I could understand
But of course we will have to wait for the final notification mid March to arrive at any definitive conclusion

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts