Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My wife is an Australian PR and I have lodged my partner visa application(309) on Sep 3 2015. I have not received any communication yet and case officer is not assigned yet.

I have included my mother as a Non migrating dependent in the application. Can I now change her to a migrating dependent.

The reason I included her as a Non migrating candidate is that she was not willing to migrate immediately. She is dependent on me but has her own part time earning through sewing. So she wanted to stay in India and was not willing to migrate immediately. But now I came to know that if she wants to migrate at a later time, the parent visa takes ridiculously long times.

Can anyone suggest if it is possible to change her from non-migrating to migrating and also please let me know if requesting a change of this type after application lodgement could result in delays, doubting or refusal of the visa. Please suggest how do I proceed.

Thanks in advance
Murali

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
same question from my side.
Yes. It is possible to change a dependant's status from non-migrating to migrating in an ongoing partner visa application (i.e, after lodgement).

It is not possible to add a dependant after lodgement, but it is possible to change a dependant's status from non-migrating to migrating.

I am from India and I have included my mother as non-migrating dependant atthe time of lodgement. I was not aware of the long processing times for parent visa. I later wanted to change my mother's status to migrating and was not able to find any help or info anywhere online.

I then sent an email to [email protected] explaining the situation and asking for the status change. I was asked to send Form 1022 requesting the change along with my passport.

I filed Form 1022 as attached and sent them. I was informed that the info was forwarded to the relevant department.

After a few days, the case officer called my wife as part of the process before the grant. I don't think the case officer noticed the migrating status change request as she was not aware of it then. When my wife inquired her about this request, the case officer enabled document upload section for my mother in ImmiAccount. I then uploaded some other dependency related documents.

VISAs were granted to both me and my mother.

I wish everyone all the best!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts