Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Would like to know how many chances are there for positive assessment for System Administrator for a person who completed MIS/BIS From Australia and Engineering From India and working from 2010 as a system administrator .

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Dear All,

Would like to know how many chances are there for positive assessment for System Administrator for a person who completed MIS/BIS From Australia and Engineering From India and working from 2010 as a system administrator .

It's hard to tell with the information you have provided. It depends on your experience & your education. Without that, no one would be able to even suggest anything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to tell with the information you have provided. It depends on your experience & your education. Without that, no one would be able to even suggest anything.

Thanks Torrentkid,

My education is Master's in Information System and Bachleor In Information System from Melbourne Australia . I lived there for 4 years and studied there . In India I have completed B-Tech (Engineering ) With Computer Science and Information System as my Main Course. From 2010 till today I am working in KSA as a System Administrator . And i will get 30 points for my age . I have to write IELTS in Jan 2014. Will be applying for ACS that's why just want to know which ANZCODE will be suitable for me to get a PR.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Thanks Torrentkid,

My education is Master's in Information System and Bachleor In Information System from Melbourne Australia . I lived there for 4 years and studied there . In India I have completed B-Tech (Engineering ) With Computer Science and Information System as my Main Course. From 2010 till today I am working in KSA as a System Administrator . And i will get 30 points for my age . I have to write IELTS in Jan 2014. Will be applying for ACS that's why just want to know which ANZCODE will be suitable for me to get a PR.
Can you let me know the following ?

Bachelor Course Name/Year passed out -
Master's Course Name/Year passed out -
All Titles of your job in every company you worked for along with from-to dates.

Also, have you worked on configuring switches, routers, designing networks, etc ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Bachelor Course Name/Year passed out - Btech Engineering PASSED out-2006/ BIS--2007 passed out
Master's Course Name/Year passed out - MIS IN Melbourne Australia......2009 passed out

All Titles of your job in every company you worked for along with from-to dates.
then in 2010-2013 still working in saudi arabia as a System Administrator
Also, have you worked on configuring switches, routers, designing networks, etc ?

I have completed MCITP....CCNA.....CERTIFICATION

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

Bachelor Course Name/Year passed out - Btech Engineering PASSED out-2006/ BIS--2007 passed out
Master's Course Name/Year passed out - MIS IN Melbourne Australia......2009 passed out

then in 2010-2013 still working in saudi arabia as a System Administrator

I have completed MCITP....CCNA.....CERTIFICATION
It depends on your roles/responsibilities in your current job. See if it matches with:

263111 COMPUTER NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER
262113 SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR

https://www.acacia-au.com/anzsco/262113.php
https://www.acacia-au.com/anzsco/263111.php

·
Registered
530 Posts
Depends upon your skill set, experience, certifications. I'm a Sys. Admin :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Experience is 3+ yrs
Certification MCITP and CCNA
Education - Engineering (CSIT)from INDIA......Masters from Australia
Age-31 yrs

Just want to ask one thing can we send MCITP -ID and CCNA-ID for ACS Assessment .

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Depends upon your skill set, experience, certifications. I'm a Sys. Admin :)
You have done a good thing choosing 263111. Did you have network experience shown in your roles/responsibilities letters ?

I chose 262113 & am processing under 190. :(

Reactions: zakir

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Have done Engineering CSIT. Then when i went for Master's they Introduce new Dual Degree Course which was BIS/MIS. So i enroll in that one so i got Bachleor and Master from Australia . Then when i came back from Australia i got a Job in Saudi Arabia as a System Administrator. I got experience on Server, Router's and Switches.
Done certification of MCITP/CCNA. Lets see this will help or not in ACS . Waiting for Experience Letter from company so that i can submit all documents to ACS. I will be writing IELTS in Jan 2014. Hope for the best . By the way I am also from Hyderabad .

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi ,

First of all congrats to that you received Invitation.
I would like to know what was your total score/points when you have applied EOI ?
60 points

Reactions: zakir

·
Registered
748 Posts
Just want to ask one thing can we send MCITP -ID and CCNA-ID for ACS Assessment .
ACS accepts CCNP and MCSE level certifications as equivalent to ICT major at AQF diploma level.

So, you cannot use CCNA or MCITP certifications as basic qualifications. However I think they would most certainly strengthen your case if you wanna get assessed as a System Administrator.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks a lot so in your view its better to give them ccna and mcitp link to check my certificate for strong case

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After my MIS which i did in Australia i got 3 years of experience as a System Administrator . Will this be enough for claiming 5 points ?

·
Registered
748 Posts
After my MIS which i did in Australia i got 3 years of experience as a System Administrator . Will this be enough for claiming 5 points ?
ACS will deduct at least 2 years from your work experience toward skills. So unless you got these 3 years in Australia, you might not be able to claim 5 points.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@AncientGlory........After my MIS i worked 4 years in Same field ,Which is close to my education and Resume . So I am confused now , Will i get 5 points for Overseas Work Experience or NOT.
If i get then only i can get closer to 60 Points . And my Work experience is in Saudi Arabia,
Do i need to do "certified copy of true orignial " for work experience also or not ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts