Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,

I have got 60 points. I want to know if i can get PR on it or not.

Thanks
You can but it will take a lot of time. Try to increase your points by securing more points in PTE/IELTS if there is scope.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi,

I have got 60 points. I want to know if i can get PR on it or not.

Thanks
Without any details nobody would be able to help you... Try giving ur occupation code, points breakdown etc.

342315 : Elec. trade worker
Age- 30 points*
IELTS 6 each - 0 Points
Bachelor's Degree- 15 Points
Positive skill assessment- 16th May 2017
EOI submitted ss + famiy- 08th June 2017 ( 489 )
ITA: 21st June 2017 (489 family)
EOI + SS(190) application : 15th Aug 2017
SS(190) ITA : 24th Aug 2017
Visa Lodge : pending
Medical + PCC upload : pending
CO contact : Pending

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok here are the details:

Qualification: 15 points
IELTS: 0 points
Work experience: 15 points
Total points= 55

Can i submit the EOI based on these points?
Also do I need to submit my partner details (in order to claim 5 points) while submitting EOI or when i receive invite from them?

Please guide.

Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
ok here are the details:

Total points= 55

Also do I need to submit my partner details (in order to claim 5 points) while submitting EOI or when i receive invite from them?

Please guide.

Thanks
Minimum 60 points is required for ITA

Please improve your English score... if you gain 20 points your total becomes 75 which will give you invite in few rounds

In order to claim Partner Points you need the following:

1. ) Partner needs to be less than 50 years of age

2.) Your nominated occupation which is 261313 Software Engineer and your partner's nominated occupation (you have to figure it out) should be present in same list i.e MTSSL or STSOL . 261313 Software Engineer is available in all lists so if you partner's occupation is not in MTSSL then you cannot get partner points with 189 VISA. Alternatively if your partners occupation is in STSOL then you have to apply for 190 VISA

3.) Your partner should have competent english. In order to prove competent English he/she should score 6 in IELTS each band or 50 in all module of PTE etc...

4.) Your partner should be positively assessed by relevant authority. If example your partner is also Software Engineer. Then he/she needs to be assessed by ACS

There is a catch in above. ACS deduct 2 years of experience minimum in order to provide positive assessment. So if your partner has NO work experience then ACS does might not give positive assessment. Assessment differs from one to another.please check yours

·
Registered
25,757 Posts
ok here are the details:

Total points= 55

Please guide.

Thanks
For submitting under 189 you need minimum 60 points

You can submit under 190 and hope that you will be sponsored by a state

You have to be sure that you meet all the requirements to claim partner points before you claim them

Most important is that both of you should be in the same Occupation list and both have positive skills assessment for the same

Cheers

·
Registered
25,757 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Minimum 60 points is required for ITA

Please improve your English score... if you gain 20 points your total becomes 75 which will give you invite in few rounds

In order to claim Partner Points you need the following:

1. ) Partner needs to be less than 50 years of age

2.) Your nominated occupation which is 261313 Software Engineer and your partner's nominated occupation (you have to figure it out) should be present in same list i.e MTSSL or STSOL . 261313 Software Engineer is available in all lists so if you partner's occupation is not in MTSSL then you cannot get partner points with 189 VISA. Alternatively if your partners occupation is in STSOL then you have to apply for 190 VISA

3.) Your partner should have competent english. In order to prove competent English he/she should score 6 in IELTS each band or 50 in all module of PTE etc...

4.) Your partner should be positively assessed by relevant authority. If example your partner is also Software Engineer. Then he/she needs to be assessed by ACS

There is a catch in above. ACS deduct 2 years of experience minimum in order to provide positive assessment. So if your partner has NO work experience then ACS does might not give positive assessment. Assessment differs from one to another.please check yours
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation on partner points. My occupation is in MTSSL but my partners occupation is in STSOL. Could you guide me to a reference where they mention that I still can apply for the 190 visa. Technically partner point rules are same for 190 and 189, but since both lists are considered for 190 it makes sense to allow partner points for STSOL if main applicant is from MTSSL. But this is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.