Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I would like to clarify whether there are any chances to get approval for 189 if i received an invitation for 190 (Adelaide). It is mentioned that my EOI is blocked at the moment.

I am applying for 2339 'other professional engineering' with 65 points (under189). At first, i was purposely apply for 189 due to job opportunities and 190 was a back up plan (just a stick option). I also thought it would take a couple of months to get the approval from SA. However, i was shocked when SA came back to me after a week and i am put into a dilemma now.

Should i wait until the invitation expired and apply again? Or am i eligible for 189 consideration after 190 expiry date?

Best Regards

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi all

I would like to clarify whether there are any chances to get approval for 189 if i received an invitation for 190 (Adelaide). It is mentioned that my EOI is blocked at the moment.

I am applying for 2339 'other professional engineering' with 65 points (under189). At first, i was purposely apply for 189 due to job opportunities and 190 was a back up plan (just a stick option). I also thought it would take a couple of months to get the approval from SA. However, i was shocked when SA came back to me after a week and i am put into a dilemma now.

Should i wait until the invitation expired and apply again? Or am i eligible for 189 consideration after 190 expiry date?

Best Regards
hello friend,

it is common to receive nomination from a state within a week for exceptional cases. did you check the available seats for your occupation under 2339 group for 189 visa?
Here it is:
group description ceilings filled in till now available number of remaining rounds number of invites per round
2339 Other Engineering Professionals 300 194 106 15 7.07

this means, 7 top scoring candidates will be invited in each invite round under 189 and 489 visas for your group code.

the invite round held on 4/11/2013 witnessed the last candidate in your job code had visa date on 20/6/2013 2.27 pm with 65 points. a good news is that DIAC is unable to find 70 pointers and as a result, it came to pick the 65 pointers and am sure that from now onwards, you can expect 65 pointers in good numbers occupying seats. If your visa date of effect is close to the above date (July or August), then let this invite expired and you will be invited automatically.

can you let me know your visa date of effect?

I can direct you properly if you could let me know your visa date.

what i would like to recommend you is to prepare the documents for visa application and get ready with everything but don't lodge visa application and don't pay visa fees till 50-55 days from the date of invite. in this way, you can check and analyze whether the upcoming rounds move rapidly towards your visa date or not. If they started picking the 65 pointers having visa dates close to yours within this deadline, then you can decide upon this outcome. this makes both options available for you and if one doesn't work, the other will do. Now, for 60 days (from invitation), your eoi will be locked and after the expiry it will be considered for an invite without any doubts. DIAC is generous to give 2 invites to a candidates in any combinations. So, no need to worry.

hope you understand this strategy.

sathiya

1 - 2 of 2 Posts