Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I will be very appreciated for your advice on my case of EOI submission with 60 points under Other Professional Engineers.

What do you of my chance getting the invitation?

I've already done what I could possibly do my best to apply for it (IELTS 7 in each band)...

I will still give a try for ielts 8 but it will be pretty tough...

Please share your opinions or analysis based on what you have found..
I've checked out what's been going on but I have no clue whether I can attain an invitation one day or it's unlikely i will get the invitation with 60 points for this occupation....

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi guys,

I will be very appreciated for your advice on my case of EOI submission with 60 points under Other Professional Engineers.

I've already done what I could possibly do my best to apply for it (IELTS 7 in each band)...

I've checked out what's been going on but I have no clue whether I can attain an invitation one day or it's unlikely i will get the invitation with 60 points for this occupation....
hi friend,

First of all, relax. I have given my answers below.

To begin with, your occupation is listed as one of the highly competitive occupations and follows a stringent rule to select candidates for invites. The last candidate who got the invite on 16/09/2013 had 70 points with visa date of effect on 31/08/2013. From this, you can understand how competitive your profile is. However, this is because the first invite round in September did not held for your occupation, i guess. As a result, applicants have been accumulated on 16 September, 2013. So no need to panic as of now. Moreover, your occupation has very number of invites per round under 189 visa. This figure is very low as 4/5, i suppose. Besides, your group code, that is 2339 has only 300 seats for this year out of which 140 have been occupied till 16/09/2013. Hence, the chances of getting an invite is low for your case. Nevertheless, the selection trend has come down to 60 pointers in later months of last program year. So, you may wait till November end round and then decide. But, i recommend you to prepare for IELTS meanwhile so that it will be easy for you to pull your socks up to reach 8 bands in each. But, don't get registered with IELTS at present. Last yet important thing is that your occupation has the invites throughout the year.

If the results of 07/10/2013 round are out, we can get clearer picture.

All the best,

Sathiya

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys,

Hi,
When did u apply for eoi. I applied nearly 2 mths ago with 65 pts in 2339. I saw the 18th Nov report, pts hv von back to 70 again. I don't when they gonna start giving invitations to 60 nd 65 pt holders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts