Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am going to apply for ACS in a week. I have got all relevant documents but need to certify them. I am confused who can certify these documents in India. I know Notary Public is one option, but is their any other authority in India who can certify as well? Can Gazetted officer certify as well or if there is any other option please let me know?

Thanks and regards,

SenDeep

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi,

I am going to apply for ACS in a week. I have got all relevant documents but need to certify them. I am confused who can certify these documents in India. I know Notary Public is one option, but is their any other authority in India who can certify as well? Can Gazetted officer certify as well or if there is any other option please let me know?

Thanks and regards,

SenDeep
Gazetted officer or Central Government official would suffice. I did it the same way and my ACS documents are accepted and got +ve result.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gazetted officer or Central Government official would suffice. I did it the same way and my ACS documents are accepted and got +ve result.
Hi alwaysonnet,

Thanks for your reply back on my below question. I have since submitted for ACS and have got a +ve assessment. However luck has not favoured for IELTS. My result looks similar to you. First attempt - Speaking - 6.5 , 2nd attempt - W - 6.5. I am now somewhat apprehensive if I should lodge a EOI for 189 with this. My total point is coming to 65( without claiming anything for IELTS as my band score is below 7 and I can not claim any point), so technically I can apply EOI , however I have heard that DIAC often does not give call if the IELTS score is below 7. Do you know if this is true? Can you please let me know what you have done? Have you gone ahead and applied for the EOI?

Please suggest,

Thanks and regards,

Sendeep

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi alwaysonnet,

Thanks for your reply back on my below question. I have since submitted for ACS and have got a +ve assessment. However luck has not favoured for IELTS. My result looks similar to you. First attempt - Speaking - 6.5 , 2nd attempt - W - 6.5. I am now somewhat apprehensive if I should lodge a EOI for 189 with this. My total point is coming to 65( without claiming anything for IELTS as my band score is below 7 and I can not claim any point), so technically I can apply EOI , however I have heard that DIAC often does not give call if the IELTS score is below 7. Do you know if this is true? Can you please let me know what you have done? Have you gone ahead and applied for the EOI?

Please suggest,

Thanks and regards,

Sendeep
You can apply without IELTS

EOI invite is a automated thing without human intervention hence there is no need for IELTS but ya you need a minimum band to qualify....i am not sure about the minimum band required but you can certainly apply for EOI....

·
Registered
10 Posts
the certified copies, do they have "certified true copy of the original" or "true copy" stamp on them?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the certified copies, do they have "certified true copy of the original" or "true copy" stamp on them?
It's best to have certified true copy of the original stamped. However in India most of the notaries would not have such stamp. True copy would also work fine in this case. Mine was mostly true copy.

Thanks and regards,

sendeep

1 - 6 of 6 Posts