1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I am happy to find your forum i found it very usefull . :love:
i would like to ask you few questions pls:
I am romanian citizen and my husband is from Egypt , we are going to move to England . My husband is applying for HPC , he is a physiotherapist and we found that between the documents they are required is some certified copy for originals and for copy .
Now we are in Egypt , who can certify our documents here ? in the embassy only?
And after he will get the registration from HPC what kind of visa he will need to ask for , ? we dont know yet if we will wait til he get a contract or if we will travel before this , but i would like to know if he will get an EEA family permit can he change it with work permit after he will find some work?
thank you for your answers, i would be happy if there is someone already made this and will share with us their experience .

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don’t think an EEA Family permit will work in your case as they are for family members of EEA citizens and you did not state that either of you were holding EEA citizenship. As far as the path you should take, unfortunately I do not know –I’m sure one of the moderators can assist. Best of luck

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don’t think an EEA Family permit will work in your case as they are for family members of EEA citizens and you did not state that either of you were holding EEA citizenship. As far as the path you should take, unfortunately I do not know –I’m sure one of the moderators can assist. Best of luck
The OP stated that she is a Romanian citizen; therefore she is a citizen of an EU member state. EEA = the 27 EU member states + three EFTA members (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).

So in theory, the OP can apply for an EEA family permit for her spouse (see: UK Border Agency | EEA family permits); however as she is a Romanian national, she will need prior permission from the UKBA to work in the UK herself (see: UK Border Agency | Bulgarian and Romanian nationals

teuchter

·
Registered
364 Posts
I stand corrected on my goof on Romania, thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for your quick answers , what about the documents? it is there anyone is registered in HPC? Where did you certified your documents ?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thank you very much for your quick answers , what about the documents? it is there anyone is registered in HPC? Where did you certified your documents ?
This may help you: HPC - Health Professions Council - International

And more information about the paperwork required for the application process can be found here: HPC - Health Professions Council - Download application forms & guidance notes

See this page regarding certified translations of qualifications: http://www.hpc-uk.org/apply/international/requirements/ Quote: If you submit documents that are not in English, you must also provide us with certified English translations. If you are applying from abroad, the British Embassy, Consulate or High Commission may be able to help you find a translator.

teuchter

·
Registered
494 Posts
this is exactly what i need thank you
You should also check out this page: UK Border Agency | Applying for a UK visa in Egypt

Quote:
If you send us a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by us. Each translated document must contain:

- confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
- the date of the translation;
- the translator's full name and signature; and
- the translator's contact details.

If you send us a translation of an overseas qualification or award certificate, we will not consider it as a direct translation of the academic level of that award. We will always use UK NARIC to assess the equivalency of overseas qualifications.

teuchter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
If you send us a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by us. Each translated document must contain:

- confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document;

If you send us a translation of an overseas qualification or award certificate, we will not consider it as a direct translation of the academic level of that award. We will always use UK NARIC to assess the equivalency of overseas qualifications.

teuchter[/quote]

So....they will use UK NARIC to assess the equivalency of overseas qualifications.....good but the question is that will they ask NARIC directly or my husband will need to do that before he will send the papers for HPC?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

teuchter

one more question :)
my husband's educational documents are in english from the university , the sylabus and the bachelor certificate. everything is in english even the license .now my question is that if the embassy is not providing a certiffied copy from the original because is not a british document, who can do that out of UK . we can not travel there only for this who can do it . or its enough just the legalisation of the stamp of the ministry of foregn affairs?

i was checking in the UK embassy website and i found this :

Notarial Services

We can:

* Certify copies made of original British documents on Consular premises (eg passports, divorce documents, bank statements, British educational documents, driving licences where both parts of licence are provided)

Witness the signing of most documents such as Power of Attorney, divorce documents, sworn affidavits

We cannot:

* Provide services to non-British nationals where there is no link between the document in question and the UK.
* Certify or provide copies of non-British documents
* Certify or provide copies of birth, marriage or death certificates, unless they were issued in Egypt. You should apply to the General Registry Office (GRO) in the UK for co
pies (General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths) or to the Foreign and

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.