Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if this question has been answered. I've seen conflicting responses on the subject.

Where should my husband in the U.K. Go for certified copies for my spouse visa application?

He was told at the post office that they could certify the copy of his passport.

Is this acceptable for visa application purposes?

Also what else needs to be certified? Do our letters of support and introduction need to be certified? And where do I get documents certified?

Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Is he British? He only needs to send a photocopy. Other than that all documents must be original. Anything that isn't original has to be certified as original by the issuer. For example, if your bank statements are printed off the internet you would need the bank to certify them as original.

Support letters do not need to be certified.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Yes he is British. So he doesn't have to have the copies of his passport certified?

·
Registered
80 Posts
i had the same query but after reading nearly everyones checklists on here it is my understanding that if the sponsor is British then the Passport photocopy is ok and the only document that can be a copy and doesn't have to be certified. All other docs have to be originals or if not need to be certified (just as Nyclon explained above)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.