Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. I live in the UK and the vehicles are registered in the UK. One of my vehicles is a fiat who I contacted but they say I have to contact fiat in France when I get there, but I have also read somewhere that I can get certificates on line. Are you able to clarify things for me - much appreciated

·
Administrator
36,383 Posts
Hello. I live in the UK and the vehicles are registered in the UK. One of my vehicles is a fiat who I contacted but they say I have to contact fiat in France when I get there, but I have also read somewhere that I can get certificates on line. Are you able to clarify things for me - much appreciated
in all honesty I'd ask on our France forum if I were you - there are bound to be people there who have taken cars from the UK to France

would you like me to move this thread there for you?

·
Administrator
49,814 Posts
It may depend on the manufacturer how they handle the certificates of conformity. But we've had a number of queries in the past about this. Give it a bit of time and I'm sure one of the regulars will drop by to suggest how to proceed.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bev. Do hope someone can help because I am getting very confused about the whole process.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
In my experience dealers etc in the uk do not know what they are talking about when it comes to CoC.A Coc must be obtained and be in the language of the country it is registered in.It does not need translating as it is a standard EU form.So you should get it in the UK or there are various online companies who supply them.However you do not say what vehicles t hey are or their age.If they are not too old and your log book is a V5c look in section K of your log book-if you have a long number there with letters and perhaps asterisks then that is the EU conformity number so no need for a Coc.Be aware however that sometimes the DVLA do not enter these correctly so when you go to the Prefecture they may not be able to find your make and model.Basically when you get to France take your log book MOT(if applicable provided it has six months left to run) proof od address and ID and if the computer says yes then you should be OK.There is no need to get a French CT at this stage.If the vehicle is lder or vintage you may need to do something different.Come back if this is as clear as Mud!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
The easiest route is to contact the manufacturer in the UK and request one and they may pass you to a local main dealer, it depends on the manufacturer. New cars are issued with one automatically now.

Think long and hard though if you have had any modifications done; this is the country of complex administration! It took us 12 months, hundreds of km, over 1,000 euros and immeasurable stress to get one for our modified VW T4!

Good luck,
Gypsycob x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. The information given most helpful. I have a fiat 500 2013 and Nissan terrano 2003 and both log books are showing numbers etc in section'k' so this should solve my problem. Thanks again but if you have any more info would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Forgot to add you will also need a quittus fiscal from your local impots here in France to show that VAT has been paid on the vehicule in the country of origin You can get this by producing your original invoice or showing the vehicle is over 6 months old and has done more than6k kms

·
Registered
737 Posts
just been to the impots office and requested one ...they told me that it only applied for registered business applicants !
I pleaded , and being their normal helpful selves , they produced one for me !

if only other government departments were as helpful !

·
Registered
737 Posts
Good Morning,

You must ask the COC to the vehicle manufacturer in France,

form:

- cerfa n°13750*04 (availible on internet by google)
- cerfa n°13754*02 (availible on internet by google)

Taxe

- Quitus Fiscal ( for vehicule come from EU) you have to ask a the TAXE CENTER (centre des impots)
- 846A (for vehicule come out from EU) delivered by your shipper

Other papers :

- ID CARD
- phone bill at the address or you want to register the car
- A "COC" (Conformity certificate of a vehicle) for car by out of france, ( Ask to the manufacturer)
- A " CONTROLE TECHNIQUE" car for more than 4 years

if the manufacturer provides a certificate of partial conformity or non-conformity, contact me
I got a COC direct from the manufacturers in germany ; it was in german ; was accepted because that is the law

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I am glad that the post from Romain 13100 has been deleted not just for touting but because it was totally wrong.lindad personally I would wait till you get here go to the prefecture with your V5c and the other docs and see what happens.If you need to get a Coc you can get them via the internet anyway.Bonne chance

·
Registered
1 Posts
When a vehicle was not intended for use on work europe no COC

The manufacturer therefore gives a certificate of non-compliance or partial compliance,

We must therefore make a RTI "Reception isolated capacity with DREAL"

People who arrived in France from a country outside Europe has faced such a problem, there is nothing false.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
My mother in law just brought her car back from Ireland to Uk and we had to get a cert conf before we could re-register it. We had to send the paper work to Nissan (manufacturer) and they sent on back by post. I just emailed them first to see what they needed, so look up you manufacturer and ask customer services at head office what they will need. It was all very simple, then you can copy the information that you need from the cert onto your re-reg form in France.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Romain13100-We are talking here about a vehicle being imported from the uk to france so what you are saying is not correct in relation to an import between countries in the EU.

·
Registered
From the US...lived in Canada, UK, & France
1,291 Posts
Thanks Bev. Do hope someone can help because I am getting very confused about the whole process.
The procedure is straightforward. Call Fiat France. Their telephone number is likely on their website. You will need to connect to their Homologation Department / Bureau.

They'll request the VIN for your vehicle and they will be able to tell you immediately whether the vehicle qualifies for a Certificate of Conformity (or not).

If not, you might be wise to sell the vehicle in the UK as the cost of the required changes can be substantial.

Best of luck.

Ray

1 - 20 of 24 Posts