Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to get your inputs on behalf of my friend who is about to start his job search from the UK. Two questions here:

1. He is a qualified accountant. Is it better for him to attest his certificate now or should he wait for the job offer ? Is there an expiry date in case if he attest his certificate now and receive his job offer lets say 6 months down the line ? Will he have to attest the certificate again in that case ?

2. What is the best possible way to attest the certificate from the UK ? Can he do it himself or he will be better off paying someone to do it ?

Many thanks

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi all,

Just wanted to get your inputs on behalf of my friend who is about to start his job search from the UK. Two questions here:

1. He is a qualified accountant. Is it better for him to attest his certificate now or should he wait for the job offer ? Is there an expiry date in case if he attest his certificate now and receive his job offer lets say 6 months down the line ? Will he have to attest the certificate again in that case ?

2. What is the best possible way to attest the certificate from the UK ? Can he do it himself or he will be better off paying someone to do it ?

Many thanks
There isnt an expiry date
If in the UK it needs to be notarised at a solicitors then the FCO in MIlton Keynes usually a 4-6 week backlog there and then the UAE embassy in London

Yes he can do it here costs the equivalent of 200 pounds and done within 7-10 days. Not every firm needs or will ask for attested docs

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
UK accountant working in the UAE ?

Better be highly qualified and quite senior as accountants from the subcontinent will work for very much less.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
There isnt an expiry date
If in the UK it needs to be notarised at a solicitors then the FCO in MIlton Keynes usually a 4-6 week backlog there and then the UAE embassy in London

Yes he can do it here costs the equivalent of 200 pounds and done within 7-10 days. Not every firm needs or will ask for attested docs
You can get docs attested in the UK ..... there are plenty of companies who offer this service in the UK in various times depending how much you want to pay ...... I used a company called Argentum who were very good. They offer a 2 day turnaround if you need it.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
My certificate was attested about 5 years ago and has been used multiple times with different companies without a problem. the only thing I did was ask them to do a copy, attest the copy without touching the original.

It was attested for different countries and sent to different MOFA as a result, without for example, the UAE ot Qatar getting picky about each others stamps already being on the document.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts