Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have two questions. In preparation for our move I'm filling out the Certificate de Non-Cession. I have no intention of hauling our things to the local marche puce or contacting L'EbAY in the near future but I suppose there will be a time when I'll break down and buy a Blue-Ray player and get rid of our multi-region DVD player. What's the statute of limitations on this?

The other question involves intermittent work. I retired October 2nd and have no intention of working anytime soon. That said, in my former life, I played music professionally and would be sorely tempted at an opportunity to play music maybe twice a month or so, mainly for the enjoyment rather than the monetary compensation. It would be nice to be reimbursed for gas expense. Is this a no-no? :drum:

·
Administrator
49,415 Posts
If the certificate of non-cession is what I think it is (basically for customs and VAT), I think the deal is that you can't sell stuff off for a year after your arrival. The options for selling off old stuff in France are vastly more limited than back in the US - generally either you piecemeal it on eBay or through a personal sale or you sign up for a booth at your town's Brocante in September or October. It's all VAT related.

Unless you have an offer already to play somewhere, I'd worry about the gas money reimbursement when the opportunity arises. Generally, reimbursement for out of pocket expenses isn't going to cause a problem.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bev. The certificate states, among other things, that you certify your personnel effects are for your own private use and you've owned them for six months.

Tchuss

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.