Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am trying to obtain a copy of my "certificat de nationalité française". I currently live in the US, and from what I found online, it says to request by mail and supply supportive documents for verification, to the address:

au tribunal d’instance de Paris
Service de la nationalité des Français établis hors de France,
30 rue du Château des Rentiers,
75014 Paris, France.

My question is: is there an administrative form to fill out, or do I mail a hand written request? I didn't see anything about a form, but I just wanted to ask. Does anyone have experience with this and can give advice?
Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bev, I just wasn't sure if there was also a form, aside from the proof of documents they need. Here in the US, it seems there is a form for everything, lol.... Thanks for your help!! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh, BTW, would you suggest that I send all original documents or copies? And if I send originals, will I get them back? Thanks!!

HAHA, nevermind, it says Originals. But, it doesn't say you'll get them back. I assume they would send them back along with the certificate. Sorry to bother!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I am a naturalized French national through filiation of my mother. I have a valid French passport but I am trying to get this Certificat de nationalite as well . I do not understand what this third document required is -
l’ampliation du décret, l’exemplaire du Journal Officiel ou l’attestation délivrée par l’autorité qui a procédé à son enregistrement concernant : votre père - votre mère - autre

Does anyone know?

·
Administrator
50,010 Posts
Hello,
I am a naturalized French national through filiation of my mother. I have a valid French passport but I am trying to get this Certificat de nationalite as well . I do not understand what this third document required is -
l’ampliation du décret, l’exemplaire du Journal Officiel ou l’attestation délivrée par l’autorité qui a procédé à son enregistrement concernant : votre père - votre mère - autre

Does anyone know?
You need to provide the document you received when your naturalization was granted. There should have been some form of certificate or "decret" or even a letter telling you that your naturalization was being posted in the Journal Officiel (in which case they should have sent you a copy of that, I believe).

If you got your naturalization through the consulate, you may want to get back to them to see if they can provide you with the necessary document.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to provide the document you received when your naturalization was granted. There should have been some form of certificate or "decret" or even a letter telling you that your naturalization was being posted in the Journal Officiel (in which case they should have sent you a copy of that, I believe).

If you got your naturalization through the consulate, you may want to get back to them to see if they can provide you with the necessary document.
Cheers,
Bev
Thank you Bev. It really helps to have these questions answered!

·
Registered
154 Posts
:)
Thanks Bev, I just wasn't sure if there was also a form, aside from the proof of documents they need. Here in the US, it seems there is a form for everything, lol.... Thanks for your help!! :)
There is indeed a form, http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/IMG/pdf/CNF.pdf

And yes, you have to provide original documents for everything, and those that are not in French need to be translated and apostilled (or legalised).

Cheers,
jacques.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Certificat de Nationalite is granted by a judge (premiere instance) upon your request for a legitimate pupose (obtaining an official document)

Book an appointemt at th nearest Tribunal d'Instance and expect long delays and cubersome bureaucracy. The (illegitimate) administrative order requesting a certificat de nationalite for passeport sissuance has been revoked.

You may want to seek advice from the nearest French consulate depending on why you need this document for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.