Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here. My partner and I were thinking of applying for PCP visa probably by July next year. I was just wondering if there's a certain length of relationship requirements under this route? We would be 1yr and 4mos in the relationship by the time we apply and we've only spent 2weeks together. Would that be ok or should we wait for a few more months and see each other again before we apply? Would really appreciate some info regarding this. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
No there isn't a time requirement for a fiance or proposed civil partnership visa, only the unmarried partner route. You will definitely have to submit a lot of information to evidence your relationship if you've only ever met in person once for two weeks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. My partner and I were thinking of applying for PCP visa probably by July next year. I was just wondering if there's a certain length of relationship requirements under this route? We would be 1yr and 4mos in the relationship by the time we apply and we've only spent 2weeks together. Would that be ok or should we wait for a few more months and see each other again before we apply? Would really appreciate some info regarding this. Thanks.

I am in a position where me and the girl want to be together asap but her studies in Jakarta.

I am from UK, Wales actually like Leanna.

I met my girl for 2 weeks abroad in India where she studied. We have known each one year in December.

I am not familiar with proposed civil partner route but my advice to me has been to apply for fiance visa for her eventually, get married in UK within 6 months and then apply for I believe settlement visa or something similar. I am no expert forgive me lol.

But to show that the relationship is genuine and subsisting I am gathering as much info as possible.

- Phone bills, highlighting areas where we spoke/text etc....
- Bank statements highlighting areas where money was paid in regards to gifts and ideally keeping a receipt of the purchase of any gifts.
- Taking pictures of any gifts received or sent, cards(birthday) etc... or any other celebratory cards etc...
- Taking screenshots of skype conversations, especially on webcam. Keeping all emails we send to each other and emailing more regular now to each other as the evidence is easier to maintain and keep.
- Keeping holiday pictures of us together, hotel reservations, plane tickets etc...

To be honest that is about as much as I can think of for evidence.

Oh I just remembered letters from family and friends agreeing that the relationship is genuine and subsisting. etcc..

If I helped great if not oh well

You're welcome lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Really appreciate it. That's what we're doing right now actually, gathering evidences to prove the relationship. We use viber and skype to talk to each other regularly so I have the message archive from viber saved every month it also shows the calls we made there. We probably have about 3000pages now of our viber chats as we talk every single day since we met. And then a lot more pages for our skype.haha We know that if you think about it our relationship is not that long enough to be convincing. But we're at the point where we just really want to be together and start a life. And as my partner keep saying, she's not getting younger.lol she's 37 and I'm 26 so we have like 11yrs gap, which feels like nothing between us actually. Most of the time I don't feel like she's older than me coz we just get along quite well, but obviously the age gap is bothering her.hehe And to be honest, it's so hard to move forward when you're in a long distance relationship. Agree? All our plans are getting put on hold which sucks. It doesn't help either that I'm from a country who has immigration barrier to almost every country. I mean even if i have the time and money, I just can't get in a plane and see her whenever I want. And it's so hard for her to get holidays from work. So we just wait to when we can see each other. This isn't a situation we want to be in for a while. So if there's a way around it then we would really love to try.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Really appreciate it. That's what we're doing right now actually, gathering evidences to prove the relationship. We use viber and skype to talk to each other regularly so I have the message archive from viber saved every month it also shows the calls we made there. We probably have about 3000pages now of our viber chats as we talk every single day since we met. And then a lot more pages for our skype.haha We know that if you think about it our relationship is not that long enough to be convincing. But we're at the point where we just really want to be together and start a life. And as my partner keep saying, she's not getting younger.lol she's 37 and I'm 26 so we have like 11yrs gap, which feels like nothing between us actually. Most of the time I don't feel like she's older than me coz we just get along quite well, but obviously the age gap is bothering her.hehe And to be honest, it's so hard to move forward when you're in a long distance relationship. Agree? All our plans are getting put on hold which sucks. It doesn't help either that I'm from a country who has immigration barrier to almost every country. I mean even if i have the time and money, I just can't get in a plane and see her whenever I want. And it's so hard for her to get holidays from work. So we just wait to when we can see each other. This isn't a situation we want to be in for a while. So if there's a way around it then we would really love to try.
I know how you feel sir, I am in similar situation.

Except, thankfully age is on our side but religion is not.

Not that it concerns me it's all a choice at the end of the day, I don't see the point of making a big deal of it, it is what it is.

You have to do the best with now.

Take care..... She doesn't need to let age bother her 37 is still young and there is no point rushing and getting stressed into it. Let it flow, things will fall into place, no need to worry man. Be strong, take care and have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.