Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, thanks for all your help! I've been reading this forum for a couple months now and preparing to apply for my Competences Et Talents Visa. All the threads on the forum have been tremendously informational.

Here's my situation: I visited family in Paris earlier this year and I absolutely loved it! I plan to operate my web design business from Paris now. I got letters from relatives stating that they will allow me to stay with them. What I actually plan to do is find an apartment while I'm there, but I figure the letters and identification proving their French citizenship will suffice for the Visa application. I have all of my documents ready to go except for 2 things...and those are: CERFA N13473*01 Form and a "attestation of a bank in the country where the foreign company has its headquarters..."

I'm applying at the Washington DC consulate and I got these document requirements through the consulate website, on the document entitled "DEMANDE DE VISA LONG SEJOUR
EN VUE D’EXERCER UNE PROFESSION COMMERCIALE , INDUSTRIELLE,OU ARTISANALE
EN FRANCE CREATION D’UNE ENTREPRISE OU ACTIVITE."

These requirements are for the Carte de Commercant, from what I understand...not for the C&T Visa itself.

My question is, Can I request one of my relatives in Paris to obtain a CERFA N13473*01 form for me, or do I have to apply for it myself at the local prefecture? Should I just submit the Visa app without them and wait until I'm in France to apply for the carte de commercant? I'm a little confused as to what my options are. Please help! Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoops, what I meant to type about the bank account was "Proof of a credit balance of a bank account at the name of the applicant open in a company established in France"

·
Administrator
50,453 Posts
The form you need is available online. Just google CERFA N13473*01 and you'll find a couple of pdf forms available to print off.

For the C&T visa, generally what you need is a proposal for a "plan" - basically a business plan - for what you hope to accomplish by setting up shop in France. If your plan involves setting up as a commerçant, then you explain how you plan to do that. But under a C&T visa, you can have a plan that includes you working for a French business - either for a while or indefinitely. Depends on the plan you submit.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Bev! I was concerned that the form might have to be an official one issued by the local prefecture.

As far as the bank account goes, I went to my bank (Bank of America) yesterday and got a "Verification Statement" from them stating the duration of my account and average balances. I hope this is good enough for the consulate. I'm still not sure if I absolutely need a French bank account for the Visa App, but I will definitely need to open one when I get there to make banking easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts