Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been in Canada for a year on the IEC permit and am just about to start my 2nd year. In November/December this year I plan to apply for the CEC permit. My question is, is there a certain amount of time you need left on your passport to apply? My passport is valid until August 2015, is that enough time or should I think about getting a new one now?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Isn't your existing IEC visa only for one year? These visas are always over-subscribed. What if you're not successful for the second year visa?
Notwithstanding you do not need to get a new passport.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't your existing IEC visa only for one year? These visas are always over-subscribed. What if you're not successful for the second year visa?
Notwithstanding you do not need to get a new passport.
Thank you for your response. I have my 2nd year visa already, I'll be activating it this week.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: passport. For PR applications not so much an issue, simply update during processing.

For TRVs and permits, often these cannot be issued for longer than the paper expiry date.

Does not appear to be an issue in your case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.