Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,
I want to submit one of my CDRs based on my master thesis which I published as a conference paper in an international conference. I heard that EA will ask for the thesis and run Turnitin on it. What would be the acceptable percentage for thesis as it shows 18%, these coming from matching in the literature section and some parameters and hardware description. Moreover, if I remove the sources that has less than 1% match then the total will drop to less than 10% but I’m not sure if EA would do that so I’m keeping it. Please enlighten me from your expertise.
Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you have that high a percentage of plagiarism in your cdr, they will ask to see your original project reports to ensure that it's your own work.

When it comes to the original project reports, the decision lies with the assessor. It is quite common to have plagiarism show up when writing technical reports and literature reviews. Just be absolutely sure that you haven't plagiarised while whiting your original reports. If that's not the case you should be fine

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you have that high a percentage of plagiarism in your cdr, they will ask to see your original project reports to ensure that it's your own work.

When it comes to the original project reports, the decision lies with the assessor. It is quite common to have plagiarism show up when writing technical reports and literature reviews. Just be absolutely sure that you haven't plagiarised while whiting your original reports. If that's not the case you should be fine

I have the similar issue, I am preparing the career episoides from my published papers. For each episode it shows 5-6% plagiarism. 2-3% comes from Paper title, text from the paper and then from the headings like Background, nature of the work, personal engineering activites. I can change the text comes from paper but will it be good to change the name of the paper in episodes? Also, will it matters to get plagiarism from the heading?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the similar issue, I am preparing the career episoides from my published papers. For each episode it shows 5-6% plagiarism. 2-3% comes from Paper name and from text from the paper and then from the headings like Background, nature of the work, personal engineering activites. I can change the text comes from paper but will it be good to change the name of the paper in episodes? Also, will it matters to get plagiarism from the heading?
If it is your own published paper it doesn't matter. You don't need to change anything

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wouldn't hurt mentioning. Just make sure you address all the relevant points in each section as outlined in the MSA booklet as well.

Is there any material or anything available that expains each point of Summary Statement in detail that what details from our episodes we have to link here?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is there any material or anything available that expains each point of Summary Statement in detail that what details from our episodes we have to link here?
No document like that. But it might help reading the overview for professional engineer in the MSA. That gives you a good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts