Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have CDI and my id has 'salary en mission' title.

I consider a rotational job in another country 1month/1month.. Is there a minimum number of days to stay in france to keep your visa and contract? or Will it be terminated? I may have another contract in another country and be there in the rotation I have explained.

Can you please let me know your opinions.

·
Administrator
50,415 Posts
If you're on a carte de séjour, the deal is supposed to be up to 90 days out of any 180 period in another Schengen country (or total of all Schengen travel).

To renew your carte de séjour you'll have to show that the conditions of your visa still hold - which means that you are still employed by the employer who sponsored your visa in the first place, and that you are still resident in France. If this "rotational" job is with the same employer, it's basically up to the employer to resolve the visa issue in both France and the other country.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information.

I am supposed to be working in the same french company but in a different entitiy.
The country is out of Schengen, is it the same procedure? I should be in France 90 days of the 180 days, if i stay longer that what happens, do I loose my visa?

·
Administrator
50,415 Posts
OK,if the other country is outside Schengen, then it really IS up to the employer to sort this one out for you. On the French side, you need to be able to confirm that you are still "resident" in France (or primarily resident in France) in order to renew your carte de séjour. That means (probably) stuff like filing your taxes in France as you're supposed to, maintaining a permanent home here and being able to present payslips from your current employer. For the one year carte de séjour I don't believe there are any particular requirements regarding travel outside France.

But you may want to check the website for the consulate of the other country to see what they have to say about working there if you're living elsewhere.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts