Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Experts,
I have been Browsing for information on this forum for about 1 month now, preparing and collecting information about the requirement to file the ACS, I have got all my experience letters from my Companies.. Now my query is related to the Education part
I have my Diploma in Industrial Electronics ( passed 2000 )
I have a CCNP that expired in Oct 2016 :( Never knew that would be such a important thing for ACS.. I am re-certifying it now, and will be done June 2017 ( just 1 paper remaining)
Would it be advisable to submit my Diploma Certificates also ? or just CCNP which i first certified in 2010 , hope they will consider that as my certification date ( although it is expired and will be renewed )
I have 14yrs of Overall Exp starting 2000 in the IT and Network Industry ( 263111)

Kindly Advice, Need to file for ACS 2nd week of June

Regards
Oscar

·
Registered
25,780 Posts
Hello Experts,
I have been Browsing for information on this forum for about 1 month now, preparing and collecting information about the requirement to file the ACS, I have got all my experience letters from my Companies.. Now my query is related to the Education part
I have my Diploma in Industrial Electronics ( passed 2000 )
I have a CCNP that expired in Oct 2016 :( Never knew that would be such a important thing for ACS.. I am re-certifying it now, and will be done June 2017 ( just 1 paper remaining)
Would it be advisable to submit my Diploma Certificates also ? or just CCNP which i first certified in 2010 , hope they will consider that as my certification date ( although it is expired and will be renewed )
I have 14yrs of Overall Exp starting 2000 in the IT and Network Industry ( 263111)

Kindly Advice, Need to file for ACS 2nd week of June

Regards
Oscar
There is no sense in submitting your application before you get recertified.
I doubt that ACS will give you credit for a Certificate that is expired on the date of assessment
Moreover, all,application for ICT under 189 will be considered only after 1st July so there is no tearing hurry for you to submit your EOI immediately
Get your self recertifed ASAP and keep all ACS application papers ready and the moment you get the result, submit the application

Have you completed you PTE A ?

If not, you can get that done in this interim period.

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no sense in submitting your application before you get recertified.
I doubt that ACS will give you credit for a Certificate that is expired on the date of assessment
Moreover, all,application for ICT under 189 will be considered only after 1st July so there is no tearing hurry for you to submit your EOI immediately
Get your self recertifed ASAP and keep all ACS application papers ready and the moment you get the result, submit the application

Have you completed you PTE A ?

If not, you can get that done in this interim period.

Cheers
Thanks for your reply mate.. I am going to submit the ACS only after i finish my CCNP, last paper is on the 2nd of June.. so only after that i will submit my ACS, and am hoping that they will consider that i was certified since 2010. so in context to that i am asking if submitting my Diploma in Industrial Electronics will add any value to the Application .. ( knowing that it does not contain much of ICT ) will they even consider it as a AFQ Diploma ?
PTE Scheduled for 3rd Week of June.
BTW , I am already on WP 457 in Melbourne Australia, will that give me any additional points or benefits if i apply for VIC Sponsorship , being here for 3 months now

Regards
Oscar

·
Registered
25,780 Posts
Thanks for your reply mate.. I am going to submit the ACS only after i finish my CCNP, last paper is on the 2nd of June.. so only after that i will submit my ACS, and am hoping that they will consider that i was certified since 2010. so in context to that i am asking if submitting my Diploma in Industrial Electronics will add any value to the Application .. ( knowing that it does not contain much of ICT ) will they even consider it as a AFQ Diploma ?
PTE Scheduled for 3rd Week of June.
BTW , I am already on WP 457 in Melbourne Australia, will that give me any additional points or benefits if i apply for VIC Sponsorship , being here for 3 months now

Regards
Oscar
ALthough ACS have given explanations on what basis they consider the various education details, but I have never been able to make much out of it.
In my opinion there is no harm in adding the diploma in industrial electronics.
If they consider it well and good, if not you lose nothing

As far as VIC Sponsorship is concerned, VIC giv a lot of weightage to your education, actual skills and job experience which you will give in your CV in addition to the points

They have panel of people from the industry who see your application and assess if you can really be employed in the state or not and whether there is a demand for your skills

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ALthough ACS have given explanations on what basis they consider the various education details, but I have never been able to make much out of it.

As far as VIC Sponsorship is concerned, VIC giv a lot of weightage to your education, actual skills and job experience which you will give in your CV in addition to the points

They have panel of people from the industry who see your application and assess if you can really be employed in the state or not and whether there is a demand for your skills

Cheers
you said it right.. ACS site and conditions don't make sense a 100% at times.. I will go ahead and submit the Diploma certs.. I am just hoping they will consider my CCNP from 2010 , as even in the cisco site , it will say certified : 2010 :D ..
WIll keep you guyz posted.. Thanks ..

Cheers:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Cheers
One Question : Should the Education (Diploma in Industrial electronics ) have atleast 20% of ICT to be considered at AQF Level

·
Registered
25,780 Posts
One Question : Should the Education (Diploma in Industrial electronics ) have atleast 20% of ICT to be considered at AQF Level
We will know the answer once he tells us his results

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.