Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a decent cattery in Dubai? We need one where two former rescue cats with serious health issues can receive medication and really good care. They have never had to stay in a cattery since we rescued them eight years ago and are very insecure if they don't know the people looking after them.

If we cannot find somewhere suitable, either my wife or I will have to miss my mother's 80th birthday in the UK this summer so there's a lot of happiness - people's and cat's - resting on our finding a solution.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Churchwoods Cat Hotel, not the cheapest but worth a visit and have a look at their facilities. If you're anxious about the medical attention, call Energetic Panacea Vets on Al Wasl Road. They used to do boarding last time I was in and provide an overall high level of care.

Have you thought about leaving them at home and having a sitter come once/twice per day? There are a few reputable people/companies doing this?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for suggestions. The issue with cat sitters here is that they just pop in and out whereas my cats are needy Siamese and need a lot of attention. We also need caregivers to be careful. If someone left the door or gate open and they wandered off and got lost, they would die or get very ill from lack of medication in 48 hours or so. Better that they are miserable for a few weeks but safe. Having said that, if someone wants a lovely house to themselves at Arabian Ranches for a few weeks and loves cats they are welcome to stay here. Just a five-minute walk to pool!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Personally I would recommend the 'Bide-a-Wee Home for Elderly cats*'

(Affiliated with the McDouglas Pet Food and Cannery Company LLC)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Cats don't have owners, they have servants.

Could you find a Siamese owner locally or a club for Siamese owners and see if one would look after them ?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Dubai Kennels and Cattery has an excellent reputation.

Every single place is going to have someone who was unhappy with them, just as every single doctor has a former patient who was unhappy with the doctor.

You have a choice. Trust one of the catteries or a pet sitter. Or one of you misses the birthday.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DKC seems to have good reports. And one of us will have to cut the trip to a straight there and back in a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts