Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Looking for some help/reassurance regarding the documents needed to prove the Category F financial requirement. We are showing profit around £20,000 so meet the financial requirement in that regard. We're currently waiting on the SA200 and will be applying in person sometime this month or early next month (husband's visa expires mid Sept).

Here is what the online application asks us for:

1. Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year.

2. Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (copy or print out) for the last full financial year.
>> Is this the completed HMRC Tax Return 2017 form (print out) that our accountant gave us?

3. Statement of Account (SA200) for the last full financial year.

4. Each partner's Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR)
>> Are points 1 and 4 evidenced by the SA200? We've never done this before so any help here would be much appreciated.

5. Personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person...
>> Here we are relying on business card transactions. The business is in my sole name (sponsor) but the card payments have been going into my husband's bank account. Last week I applied to have my name added to my husband's bank account so that everything will be less disjointed/confusing.

Question - is it enough to just use the bank statements (April-March) from the soon to be joint account? From my personal account I have been paying the rent, business lease and some business fees (my husband has been transferring the money into my account). Do I need to include a year's worth of my accounts also?

6. Evidence of ongoing self-employment through the provision of at least one of the following: a bank statement dated no more than three months earlier than the date of application showing transactions relating to ongoing trading.
>> We'll include a very recent bank statement to meet this.

7. Evidence to show appropriate planning permission or local planning authority consent is held to operate the type or class of business at the trading address
>> We are including a full copy of the premises licence.

Do we have it covered? All help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Your Accountant will have submitted a Tax return to HMRC this will give most of the information required. Also suggest the Accountant gives you a qualifying letter which says exactly what the business structure is and how Bank Statements relate to transactions. Your Accountant will have audited all documents and vouchers in relation to the Business and should know what is needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.