Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm from the USA and will be going the Category D (cash savings) route to join my wife in the UK. I understand that I must submit bank statements showing that the balance in my accounts has not dropped below 62,500 GBP in the previous six months. I also understand that I must submit a letter declaring the source of savings and a paper trail for any large transactions.

With that, a few questions:

1. My accounts are through Ally Bank (an online bank). I get statements from them in the mail every month but they are black and white and don't look very official. Ally will not stamp statements. They can provide a letter, but I am concerned about the time it will take them to get the letter to me. Has anyone had any luck submitting original, mailed online bank statements without stamp or accompanying letter?

2. About $30k of my current bank account balance came from mutual funds that were liquidated around 8 months prior to my application date. I am planning to submit a printed portfolio summary from my investment company showing the money leaving the mutual funds and an accompanying bank statement showing the money coming into my savings account. Does the portfolio summary need to be stamped or notarized or am I fine just printing the statement from my online account? Is there anything else you would recommend I include as proof of this transaction?

Thanks very much for your help!

Cheers,
Joe

·
Super Moderator
18,089 Posts
Hi all,

I'm from the USA and will be going the Category D (cash savings) route to join my wife in the UK. I understand that I must submit bank statements showing that the balance in my accounts has not dropped below 62,500 GBP in the previous six months. I also understand that I must submit a letter declaring the source of savings and a paper trail for any large transactions.

With that, a few questions:

1. My accounts are through Ally Bank (an online bank). I get statements from them in the mail every month but they are black and white and don't look very official. Ally will not stamp statements. They can provide a letter, but I am concerned about the time it will take them to get the letter to me. Has anyone had any luck submitting original, mailed online bank statements without stamp or accompanying letter?
Statements received by post are considered originals so no need for them to be stamped or for a letter.

2. About $30k of my current bank account balance came from mutual funds that were liquidated around 8 months prior to my application date. I am planning to submit a printed portfolio summary from my investment company showing the money leaving the mutual funds and an accompanying bank statement showing the money coming into my savings account. Does the portfolio summary need to be stamped or notarized or am I fine just printing the statement from my online account? Is there anything else you would recommend I include as proof of this transaction?
If you don't have an original statement received by post then your online printout will need to be verified as original by the mutual fund company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.