Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my husband (uk) and I (us) are planning on applying for the Spouse visa under Cat B in on the 25th on this month but since the new exchange rate has gone up in the last week or so we might be cutting it a tad close(real close) with his previous 12 month pay slips while he was living in the US so I was wondering will they take into account his first pay slip from his new job to be added to those 12 months??
I hope that makes sense:confused:
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hey all, my husband (uk) and I (us) are planning on applying for the Spouse visa under Cat B in on the 25th on this month but since the new exchange rate has gone up in the last week or so we might be cutting it a tad close(real close) with his previous 12 month pay slips while he was living in the US so I was wondering will they take into account his first pay slip from his new job to be added to those 12 months??
I hope that makes sense:confused:
Thanks!
It is not clear. Your husband works in UK and is payed in Dollars or what is the position?.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry. So my husband was living and working in America making over the financial requirements and moved to England to find work. He has found working making over £18600 and will receive his first pay slip on the 25th of this month. So we are wanting to apply using the last 12 months of payslips from his American job along with his UK payslip. From what we understand we have to use the exchange rate of the USD to GBP at the time we apply for those 12 play slips to meet the FR. but since the exchange rate has changed we are a few dollar short of 18,600 and wanted know if his UK pay slip counts towards those 12 months.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You have to add together all the payslips received in the 12 calendar months leading up to the date of online application, meaning 25th Sept 2016 to 25th Sept 2017. So it will include at least one UK payslip, and US amounts will be converted using Oanda rate ruling on the day of application. The 12 months include any blank period when he wasn't paid (in between jobs).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have to add together all the payslips received in the 12 calendar months leading up to the date of online application, meaning 25th Sept 2016 to 25th Sept 2017. So it will include at least one UK payslip, and US amounts will be converted using Oanda rate ruling on the day of application. The 12 months include any blank period when he wasn't paid (in between jobs).
THank you thank you thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.